Totaled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Joseph Garcia said these trucks save lives. I can attest to that. This post is extremely bittersweet for me. This accident was 100% my fault, turned left before looking. And as much as people say, "This is the kind of stuff that just happens.", I still cant help but struggle with it. Daughter was sitting at point of impact, left scene in the ambulance, came home 6 hours later. Holding on to the positive right now. Sorry for clogging up the feed with accident threads.

IMG_0591.jpg

OP
OP
live2pull

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So glad everyone is alright. WOW! These rigs are solid and save many lives.
The course of events were; initial impact, 180 spin, driver rear tire hit a square curb, and we partial rolled onto drivers side. We are very fortunate for a lot of things. Good Samaritans that helped get the kids out and comfort us before first responders arrived, the first responders of course, the other driver for having such a new vehicle that everyone in his vehicle walked away from the scene, and of course the tank that was the Yukon. I will forever be in it's debt.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So glad all were ok. I'm amazed at the strength of these vehicles and they do save lives. Add my wife, three kids and two cats. this is what happened to my first Tahoe. All were ok - I took the biggest hit with a gash on my head and gash on my elbow. We were on our roof before they rolled it on it's wheels. It's why I own a second one - exact year and color.

Jun10_05.JPG

OP
OP
live2pull

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So glad all were ok. I'm amazed at the strength of these vehicles and they do save lives. Add my wife, three kids and two cats. this is what happened to my first Tahoe. All were ok - I took the biggest hit with a gash on my head and gash on my elbow. We were on our roof before they rolled it on it's wheels. It's why I own a second one - exact year and color.
Trying to get the wife on board with getting a GMT-900, I would like a few more airbags. With how well we fared post accident they are on my short list of vehicles. I have my peepers on a 2011 Escalade 2wd 6.2 with 110k for $15k.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to get the wife on board with getting a GMT-900, I would like a few more airbags. With how well we fared post accident they are on my short list of vehicles. I have my peepers on a 2011 Escalade 2wd 6.2 with 110k for $15k.
AWD is even safer. The IHHS stats are better for 4x4s and AWD trucks. Before they combined the years, there was not a single fatality for my 2009 Yukon XL 4x4 after 11 years.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man! Dropping like flies. I hope your daughter is ok. Definitely looks repairable, at least to drivable condition. My profile pic, the truck my wife is daily driving right now, I got as a rollover. Just flopped on the drivers side. Replaced a couple panels, didnt replace a couple panels... body doesn't line up quite right but it's been a great truck.

OP
OP
live2pull

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man! Dropping like flies. I hope your daughter is ok. Definitely looks repairable, at least to drivable condition. My profile pic, the truck my wife is daily driving right now, I got as a rollover. Just flopped on the drivers side. Replaced a couple panels, didnt replace a couple panels... body doesn't line up quite right but it's been a great truck.
Yes, she is healing extremely well. At the time of the accident she had a massive goose egg on her forehead, super mild concussion. This happened on the 31st and she headed back to school the next Monday. The Yukon was not drivable, driver rear tire and axle flange ripped off the truck after hitting the curb.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is unfortunate that this happened to you and recently, to a few other members.
So far, all have been able to escape with mostly minor injuries.

IIRC, right around the time our rigs were made, the manufacturers were trying to one-up each other in the truck/SUV safety department. The public feared the death-trap roll-over-prone SUVs of earlier production years.

Manufacturers were constantly adding all kinds of additional impact reinforcements and safety measures to make each model year better and safer than the last. From the 80's-2000, a lot of advancements were made to make SUVs so much safer.

They had do that to win over a skeptical buyer if they were going to sell more trucks and SUVs.

We certainly seem to have reaped the benefits of all that!

Glad to hear everyone is alive and in good shape!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckner0121

Latest posts