Totaled my effen truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at the shop today and it seems there are major problems......More to follow once the adjuster comes to verify. Dont want to get my hopes up!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you decided if you'll go after the car wash for negligence?

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you decided if you'll go after the car wash for negligence?

I spoke to two people but they said I really dont have much of a case as of now. If they pay for the rental (which there doing), pay for the towing and take care of the truck whether it be fixing or replacing there isnt much more they can sue for.....IDK what the eff to do.

The shop says there isnt much body work but the truck has a broken front diff and axle, hole in the oil pan and motor is ticking along there is no oil pressure. There was oil all over the ground and the truck was running for ten minutes before someone shut if off when it was in the air. Then the tow truck operator had it running when trying to get it off the fence. Also had it running when he drove it on and off the tow truck. If they want to give me a new diff, axle and motor thats fine with me! lol

Then the front bumper (needs replacing), hood, fender, two doors, quarter panel, rear bumper(need replacing) all need to be painted. But if you paint the front bumper and hood you need to blend into the passenger side fender, if you paint the rear bumper I assume you need to blend the paint into the rear quarter on the other side. That would mean only the two drivers side doors would be untouched. But if there painting all that there not going to leave the two doors they would paint the entire truck! Again no problem!

But there is something wrong with the brakes as there grinding and the ABS light is one, the check Stabiltack light is on and thats on top of the dented muffler. I was told there are bent crossmembers, majord dents on the undercarriage and who knows what else hasnt been discovered yet.

This is a 2007 with 90K, I would assume the motor and diff would be enough to total this out. I am so effen pissed as in the last 8 months I did new Michelins, new brakes, HID's, LED's, new rear glass, new compressor, new window switch, vent shades, etc, etc, etc.:nutkick:

My only hope is they give me top dollar for my truck so I have a decent down payment for a new truck. I will have discuss all this with the adjuster.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Does anyone know a hungry lawyer in NY?

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how or why I missed this thread...........

This is CRAZY.

Get a crazy hungry lawyer.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now a bunch of good lawyers in. Ny. See what the adjusters are saying first. Get receipts for all the new stuff and give it to the adjuster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what a new Escalade/Denali goes for on a lease?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious to know how this played out for you. Did they take care of you?

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's gotta be totaled. That's a lot of damage, it'd be in the shop for three months.

Bogart

Reaction score
Damn. I did not expect to see that. Hope everything works out for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN