Totaled 05 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand that. You were going the speed limit and you were found at fault? That's crap.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a nearly identical accident, and right around the same time too. About the second or third week of September, I was on my way to school one very rainy morning. Traffic on I-49 started slowing down, but then went from slowing down to IMMEDIATELY stopped. A small Honda right in front of me went front doing about 30-35 to suddenly locking up her brakes to a dead stop. Of course I can't stop a 18 year old Suburban as fast as a small Honda can, ESPECIALLY in the rain. So I plowed right into the back of her even though I tried desperately to stop. It honestly felt like l just bumped or tapped her, the impact didn't feel hard at all and the airbags didn't deploy or anything. Her car had VERY minimal damage to the rear bumper cover and trunk trim. After I pulled off the highway, I was stunned to see that my bumper, grill, and all the lights were all completely destroyed, the hood and driver side fender are both bent a fair amount, and I had transmission fluid spewing EVERYWHERE because the trans cooler busted open.
The lil Honda was able to drive away and go about her business, yet I had to get towed to my house because I was bleeding red fluid everywhere.
(BTW, after I repaired the lines and topped off the transmission fluid, it took almost 6 quarts to get it back to normal operating range.)IMG_20180910_091859052.jpg IMG_20180910_091907328.jpg

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
YOU are at fault?? I blame your LAZY adjuster.... I would contact the 'Claims Examiner' to review the adjuster.
Police reports are not faultless!! I can guess the cops claimed you were " driving faster than "safe conditions" allowed....... But you were safe, until the other driver TURNED INTO YOUR LANE WITHOUT A SIGNAL - unsafe lane change.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you by any chance ble to grab anything off the truck? If so could you grab one of the damaged headlights and take the adjustment screw off for me? Lol

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im guessing; following too closely or unable to control vehicle to avoid an accident. either way ******. sorry to hear.

chrmbly

Reaction score
Sorry about losing your ride. I had an 05 Tahoe that I lost after owning for less than one year, because someone plowed into it while parked on a city street.

So, I feel your pain. I did less than you did, but I did sink a lot of money and time regardless that I won’t get back.

Life goes on! Glad no one got hurt badly in either of our accidents.

chrmbly

Reaction score
And mine only had 92000 miles! It was in such good shape. Le sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011