Torsion Key Leveling Kits - Are They a Scam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I’ve had people try to tell me keys make the ride smoother because the bolt isn’t cranked as far. But regardless your ride will be a little be rougher

tahoe new tires and rims and lift kit 010.JPG tahoe new tires and rims and lift kit 011.JPG Stock ones max at an inch and if you max them out it for sure makes it ride rougher.I needed 2.0 inches in front so i went with ready lift 2.5.Installed the bilstein shocks and it rides almost softer than stock-Love the shocks made a big difference in the ride. Spare tire 037.JPG

Last edited:

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truth be told. i had the bolt at its min use with the new keys on my HD made the lower control arms forced all the way down, they had no spring left to them, if you hit a deep pot hole the truck fell in the hole, but with the plow on it it rode really smooth. they also broke two shocks, snapped the shaft like a twig.

why i got a bad taste in my mouth from them. but like i said, the 1500 bars might be a lot softer and make it drive closer to normal. only used em on the HD truck. so thats all i know firmly about.

they lifted the front so much i was able to run 2 inch blocks in the rear and it sat level.

View attachment 218707
View attachment 218708
When you broke the shock, did you have the 2 inch extenders installed

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a longer shock, issue was the shocks could not even work really. i didnt even know it broke, notice it during a tire rotation.

RET423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more bolt you have driven above the key the more likely the bolt will bend and/or break under a load, keys indexed for lift enable the extension of the bolt to remain well within the factory parameters; so no they are not a scam.

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I didn't even think of that, and in that case it does make sense to use them

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But then again you can only do so much before the front tires start to angle in, and the UCA is resting on the upper bump stops - correct?

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, from my experience that’s what cranking leveling keys to the max will do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne