Torsion bar to coilover conversion

Discussion in 'Street Suspension' started by Ryan Buck, Mar 8, 2018.

Sponsored By: DJM Belltech
  1. Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck Full Access Member

Name:
    Hoeon35s
    I don't know if anybody's posted about this yet or not I'm sure they probably have I'm new to finding out about it and I've had a Tahoe for over 10 years now and hated the torsion bars the whole entire time and then one day I just scrolled across this dude that makes some brackets you throw into the a arm and into the Top shock mount and bolt a coilover to it all you have to do is drill two holes in your frame to support the top mount then a few bolts looks like something you could do in a few hours maybe a half a day on a weekend and I think he said you can do it all for under a thousand bucks as well. http://www.atomicfabandperformance.com/
    Go take a look. It's www.atomicfabandperformance.com like I said I'm sure there's a few threads probably in here somewhere about it already but I didn't come across to me so maybe some people haven't seen it yet and I figured I would let him know if they read this

swathdiver likes this.
  2. Countryboy07

Countryboy07 Full Access Member

Name:
    Joshua
    @Phildirt has done the conversion on his '05 burb. He has a whole thread over on GMFS. He doesn't frequent this site

Ryan Buck likes this.
  3. Chubbs

Chubbs Full Access Member

Name:
    Joe
    There is a 20-page thread on this mod right here at TYF. The install, parts & tools required, a lengthy testimonial and diary that the original poster kept updated on the regular with all of the settings & adjustments made, the resulting ride quality & handling characteristics.

the conversion setup by atomic is proven effective and highly rated by his customers. I mean anybody could fab something to attach a coil over strut but he supposedly offers close customer interaction with technical support and the parts required per application, which goes a long way.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  4. Chubbs

Chubbs Full Access Member

Name:
    Joe
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  5. Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck Full Access Member

Name:
    Hoeon35s
    Do you know if anybody has done this conversion using a set of King shocks or Fox? I want to do it to mine but I take mine off road a lot and beat the shit out of it and when I look at that little teeny coilovers that they are putting in them I don't know if I wanted use those. We race trophy trucks and are coilovers are like 4 feet long and 4 inches around LOL so when I see those ones made by qa1 they look like something off the back of a bicycle.