Top Coat F11

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have with mixed results. My painter/ body shop guy swears by it. I have used it but I might not have applied enough; it seems you need 2-3 coats and I only did 1. It’s so expensive I kinda cheaped out. My CC is done with it after he wet sanded and buffed it and I can hose off everything but bee poop which was on it so I washed it anyway. It washed extremely easy and the water really beads up but I’m not sure everything just comes off with a hose like they advertise. Maybe if I buy a gallon and use a few coats but that’s $$$.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Collinite 845, one bottle for $18-20 will last you several years. I use 2oz to coat my truck and water just beads/sheets off. I've gotten up to 6 months of protection, but I usually recoat at 4mos because I am OCD like that

TheMaineEvent

Reaction score
I'd like to think I know my car detailing products. I have some classic cars so I'm VERY picking about the products I use and have done countless hours of research on various products and have shelves of products that I've tried.
The word on Top Coat F11 is that it's OK, but not worth the money. It's essentially a sealer/detailer, but I feel that there are better products that can fill that space and provide better results and longevity. They made a name for themselves by doing some relentless marketing on FB and other platforms, but I feel comfortable saying that on the car detailing forums that it's not a product that is taken very seriously. I don't know a car detailer that uses it.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the 845 a lot and I recently used the Trinova which so far is doing well. And I tend to double coat in a shorter time frame to keep up the protection.

briarpatch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
F11 is decent product, but there are several in the same category at a much less painful price point. They have a huge following among the motorcycle crowd, which is where they got their foothold. One of the reasons it is not taken seriously is their own advertisements.....and claims that "you'll never have to wash again".....just too much hype for the substance