Tools that you carry in your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Broken down side of the road in Cape May NJ, lower hose clamp broke sprayed all over the starter and shorted it out and megafuse. Also found the radiator split on the same side.

I didnt have a step with me so I had to remove the bumper to use the support bar as a step.

When I tow my race trailer its got enough tools and parts to tear down and rebuild both an r6 and r1 engine.

????????????? Im just not getting the bumper removal to access a step for a hose clamp/radiator/starter? Was there beer involved? That is one helluva roadside repair!!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
????????????? Im just not getting the bumper removal to access a step for a hose clamp/radiator/starter? Was there beer involved? That is one helluva roadside repair!!
Under the plastic bumpercover is tge metal bumper, a good step to reach in and access shit without leaning over grill, bumper cover and rad support, gives you closer easier way to work, plus no paint scratching. Seriously if you’ve ever taken the bumper cover off a gmt900 you’ll understand...

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing for nothing but it is a pain in the butt for lifted trucks to reach in the engine bay.

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always have a 4way lug wrench, fullsize cheap craftsman jack I bought 30 years ago and battery impact gun for flats, 4 d cell mag light, duct tape, tywraps, gloves, blankets, 6 way screwdriver, some type of leatherman and channel locks, and scan tool.... that’s daily for commute to work. Longer trips get a few more thangs...

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The 5 minutes of my time to pull the bumper is easier than scratching up the paint.

Road side you never know what it could or couldnt be, I was prepared with all the possible parts and wanted the most access to what ever it was at the time.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The 5 minutes of my time to pull the bumper is easier than scratching up the paint.

Road side you never know what it could or couldnt be, I was prepared with all the possible parts and wanted the most access to what ever it was at the time.
I always say--If you got it, and you can do it--DO EET!!

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Under the plastic bumpercover is tge metal bumper, a good step to reach in and access shit without leaning over grill, bumper cover and rad support, gives you closer easier way to work, plus no paint scratching. Seriously if you’ve ever taken the bumper cover off a gmt900 you’ll understand...

I have not removed that fascia/cover before and was unaware of how simple the task must be? It is just a wild looking pic! Imagine explaining to a cop that you found a leaking radiator clamp and youll be outa there in a few more minutes! lol. Was the container to save the coolant?You definitly have skill's!