Tool brand of choice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
Snap-On is the most over priced stuff on earth... top notch tools for 3 times more money then they are worth. Only a handfull of snapon tools that are worth their money.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snap-On is the most over priced stuff on earth... top notch tools for 3 times more money then they are worth. Only a handfull of snapon tools that are worth their money.

Over Priced? Not really. If you use tools everyday for a living they are not. I use mine everyday (Monday threw Friday, and then weekends on my own time). I get my use out of them. If your only using them once in a great while in your own garage, then I don't see much of a reason to buy Snap-On, Matco or Mac.

Most of my tools are Snap-On or Matco. Personally, I would not choose anything else. Craftsmans tools are junk now. And the stuff you can buy at a store is great for a while, but with no warranty, I'll pass. My snap-on and matco rep's are great about warranty.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Craftsman all the way for me. Mainly because I'm not a mechanic that has a truck with tools for sale that visits me at work. My home garage is my shop. My power tools are Craftsman C3 19.2V cordless tools. My air tools are also Craftsman, as well as my 25 gallon air compressor. For me the choice is simple: Turn right off the freeway and go to Lowe's for Kobalt tools, or turn left and go to Sear's. As for the warranty problems with Craftsman, I haven't run into them. I take a broken tool into Sears and they give me a new one with no questions asked.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use Craftsman, S&K for hand tools and for air tools I only use IR @ home and work. I do have some Snap On or Mac stuff but I usually only buy them when it's a specialty tool and can't find it in craftsman.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

El Capitan

Senior Texas Member
Reaction score
Matco and Napa

Craftsman, if you walk in sears with any kind of uniform they will not warranty the tool, they claim its not a "professional" tool and not intended for professional use.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
snap on here , i have alot of different brands but thats because snap on is just expensive if i could every tool in my box would be snap on

coolchuck

maybe Escalade bound?
Reaction score
I have mostly craftsman. They work good for the stuff I do. I havent had any warranty issues. I have an uncle that was a mechanic for a living. He helps me sometimes and he uses tools i've never even heard of. They def feel more heavy duty compared to my stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345