Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hey :D
I am still running a stock airbox in mine but when i changed my airfilter out i replaced it with a K&N serviceable cone filter. Has been really good.View attachment 377894This is how it is set up. Just had a look,needs a clean.
Thanks for the reminder. Air is important. Will be great if thats fixs your issue.
Cheers
Thanks. I'd really like to stay with a dry filter. Way too many stories about issues with the oiled filters. I really think it's gonna come down to replacing the pcm unfortunately.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'd really like to stay with a dry filter. Way too many stories about issues with the oiled filters. I really think it's gonna come down to replacing the pcm unfortunately.
Can you just chuck in a cheap replacement paper filter,clean the maf and see what that does for you?
Although reading through your thread again the pcm could well be a contributing factor.
No air though is gonna cause shit down the system anyway.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Can you just chuck in a cheap replacement paper filter,clean the maf and see what that does for you?
Although reading through your thread again the pcm could well be a contributing factor.
No air though is gonna cause shit down the system anyway.
I guess I could, but I'm sure for a few dollars more I could get a good/decent one.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Took a long ride today, and it didn't run that great. Took the mechanic's advice and cleaned the maf, and also cleaned the air filter--for now. I'm probably gonna buy a cheapie but figured I try and clean it 1st. Couldn't even see through the filter it was so dirty. Gf is driving it tomorrow, so I guess we'll see if it helped. Pretty sure it'll need a pcm too.