Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's def gonna suk when it goes. Pa is way more salty then Jersey.
It was supposedly replaced right before I got it but they didn't do the pass side. I wound up replacing that one last summer. I am hoping since it was done within the last 5 years it should come out easier. I guess we will see.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought these for nothing. View attachment 352900
The center of the hub separated, but the hub end piece is stuck. Not even budging. Beat it with a mini sledge--no dice. View attachment 352901View attachment 352902View attachment 352903
View attachment 352904
Axle is out.View attachment 352905
Would heat help to get the back end off the spindle? Any suggestions or ideas to get it off?
I’ve not read the rest of the replies yet but in a couple of those pics you still have the hub bolted to the spindle. Seems like a problem, eh?

Got through the rest of the replies. Glad ya got her repaired. :waytogo:

For the rest of you out there, please make note. DO NOT wait until the hub is about to fall into a million pieces before you replace it. Replace it as a routine maintenance thing before it rusts itself to the truck and requires so much effort to get off LOL

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I’ve not read the rest of the replies yet but in a couple of those pics you still have the hub bolted to the spindle. Seems like a problem, eh?

Got through the rest of the replies. Glad ya got her repaired. :waytogo:

For the rest of you out there, please make note. DO NOT wait until the hub is about to fall into a million pieces before you replace it. Replace it as a routine maintenance thing before it rusts itself to the truck and requires so much effort to get off LOL
Over here it could be on your truck for only a year and it'll rust itself to the spindle lol.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All done.
I had to get me an air hammer from HF.View attachment 352974
Literally took 2 mins and it was off! HALLELUJAH!!View attachment 352975View attachment 352976
Well worth whatever I paid for it. I also installed a new cv ds axle. Weird thing--the brake maintenance light went off, but the abs light is still on. I tried to clear the codes but they just kept coming back. Next step is to swap out the ps sensor--and take it from there.
Argh, I’d been wondering how this turned out. Then discovered I wasn’t getting notifications for the thread.

Good news it seems.

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did both of my bearing hubs this weekend, bought the 14 dollar air hammer, same one as you. Made the job SO much easier. My drivers went out on Friday, decided to just go ahead and do both. Oh and I finally got my e fan swapped in with an @ScottyBoy harness. Money well spent. Just from driving today my average is up from 12.9 to 14.9.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I just did both of my bearing hubs this weekend, bought the 14 dollar air hammer, same one as you. Made the job SO much easier. My drivers went out on Friday, decided to just go ahead and do both. Oh and I finally got my e fan swapped in with an @ScottyBoy harness. Money well spent. Just from driving today my average is up from 12.9 to 14.9.
Did you get the pcm flashed for the fans?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345