Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Those special sockets are great for the install, but can spread on the removal. The thread fixers are nice for cleaning things up after the removal battle.
I did read that about the split sockets--the spreading. Would you be concerned about that Wade?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did read that about the split sockets--the spreading. Would you be concerned about that Wade?
Yes. I've experienced that and remember the pain of slamming my knuckles when it happened. That is why I would recommend a 6-pt box end or 6-point socket, cut the harness off the sensor and put the binders to it.

Afterwards, clean up the threads with something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XETMW0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The sensor is toast, so commit to removing it and cut the harness and put the best tool for removal on it. If need be, drill out the center of the sensor and then put the binders to it.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yes. I've experienced that and remember the pain of slamming my knuckles when it happened. That is why I would recommend a 6-pt box end or 6-point socket, cut the harness off the sensor and put the binders to it.

Afterwards, clean up the threads with something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XETMW0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The sensor is toast, so commit to removing it and cut the harness and put the best tool for removal on it. If need be, drill out the center of the sensor and then put the binders to it.
I started to round it out, that's why I stopped. I was using a big adjustable too.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
@wjburken is right. commit to it, cut the harness so you can get a good wrench or socket on it and apply some real heat if you can.

I usually don't even bother to try without heat. I make that bung cherry red before I even try. Once it moves I quench it with PB blaster and work it back and forth until it works loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT