Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The speed bleeders threads were too short, so that sucked too.
Stock is 3/4"20201203_170954.jpg
Speed Bleeders are 1/2 20201203_171011.jpg
So threads were too short. As soon as I was stepping on the brakes fluid squirted out immediately.
So my gf helped me bleed just the rears--did each side 10 times, just to be sure they were good. Good news--they still suck! Got too late to do the fronts. I had him do the rear lines, put the braided lines on. Before he worked on it the brakes were fine.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
inners last a long ass time. that lock nut should have been broken free long before you took the nut off the bottom of the tie rod.

unless it was locked up that bad you were able to remove the inner with it. your supposed to use a special tool to remove and install the inner, and the outer can not be in place when you use said tool.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just ordered from Amazon. Coming next Tuesday. They looked bad to you?View attachment 263938
Moog, to match the outers.
Well, certainly corroded and had some miles on them. They're already out anyway so might as well put everything back new. It's the same amount of work anyway. One thing I can't stand is putting old parts back on especially when replacement parts are not that expensive. Piece of mind and prevents you from having to go back and do the same job in the near future because the old, corroded part you put back has now failed. :)

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
inners last a long ass time. that lock nut should have been broken free long before you took the nut off the bottom of the tie rod.

unless it was locked up that bad you were able to remove the inner with it. your supposed to use a special tool to remove and install the inner, and the outer can not be in place when you use said tool.

That's a nice tool. I tried to get that outer off without taking the whole assembly out. Didn't work. I figured if I took the complete assembly out it would give me a shot--Nope. That nut is locked in there good. I don't have a vise, all I had were adjustable wrenches and vise grips. One adjustable is huge. I just couldn't get that ****** out. So I just ordered the 2 inners. I've owned it since 2012 and I've never replaced them. They might be the originals. There's no castle nut or cotter pin on them either.
Well, certainly corroded and had some miles on them. They're already out anyway so might as well put everything back new. It's the same amount of work anyway. One thing I can't stand is putting old parts back on especially when replacement parts are not that expensive. Piece of mind and prevents you from having to go back and do the same job in the near future because the old, corroded part you put back has now failed. :)
I agree. I've never done this job before, so I didn't know what to expect. Now I know.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a nice tool. I tried to get that outer off without taking the whole assembly out. Didn't work. I figured if I took the complete assembly out it would give me a shot--Nope. That nut is locked in there good. I don't have a vise, all I had were adjustable wrenches and vise grips. One adjustable is huge. I just couldn't get that ****** out. So I just ordered the 2 inners. I've owned it since 2012 and I've never replaced them. They might be the originals. There's no castle nut or cotter pin on them either.

you can do the free tool rental deal for the tool. why buy a tool you'll use one time, then im going out on a limb here, but you might loose it when you store it. lmao

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Now my 3rd brake light comes on when the lights turn on. Lights up when you step on the brakes. That normal? I don't think it is. Never noticed before.20201203_182118.jpg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The speed bleeders threads were too short, so that sucked too.
Stock is 3/4"View attachment 263945
Speed Bleeders are 1/2 View attachment 263944
So threads were too short. As soon as I was stepping on the brakes fluid squirted out immediately.
So my gf helped me bleed just the rears--did each side 10 times, just to be sure they were good. Good news--they still suck! Got too late to do the fronts. I had him do the rear lines, put the braided lines on. Before he worked on it the brakes were fine.

******** it to hell!!

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
******** it to hell!!
I called Russell, who actually buys these from "Speedbleeder" and puts their own name on it. These are M10 x 1.0 and 35mm. They don't make a longer bleeder. WTF!! My rear brakes are all stock. He told me to call Speedbleeder and ask them directly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons