Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
and sorry Tony didn't mean to jump all up in your thread, did you get a live recording done yet?
Lol, it's all good Wes. Not yet, sitting my ass in the house. Think I've been saying since Sunday that I'm gonna do my outer tie rods. I'll do them tomorrow.
It's been really windy here and I don't feel like dealing with that--yet.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, it's all good Wes. Not yet, sitting my ass in the house. Think I've been saying since Sunday that I'm gonna do my outer tie rods. I'll do them tomorrow.
It's been really windy here and I don't feel like dealing with that--yet.
it's been cold here, cold here is right at freezing and the house points north-south so the back yard warms up but the front and driveway stays frozen until like 10am so no fun to do anything until the afternoon. usually it doesn't get this cold until January or later, not good for the crops the farmers might get it bad this year.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
it's been cold here, cold here is right at freezing and the house points north-south so the back yard warms up but the front and driveway stays frozen until like 10am so no fun to do anything until the afternoon. usually it doesn't get this cold until January or later, not good for the crops the farmers might get it bad this year.
All I can say--2020 :mad:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sell a lot of used electronics, mostly information technology related, pc cards, routers, switches, etc and commercial electronics like plc cards, poe switchs, phone equipment or voip parts
but I don't limit myself to just one thing if I can get a deal on pretty much anything I buy it and re-sell, it's more beneficial for me to buy in bulk/wholesale and then piece it out but it just depends sometimes it's better to do "lot sales" in order to move it and make a quick buck. I sell a lot of vintage sound cards, vintage video cards, Ethernet cards, raid cards. I have been doing ebay for 20 years and computer equipment before that for decades. I have been lucky enough to have my foot in the door of a large electronics recycling company that I get to go in and cherry pick stuff, they have there own team of people that sell on ebay and to other company's and they still miss a ton of stuff, it's like this they are making money and ******** money at the same time like a low efficiency machine that is making 60% more power but is wasting 40% to make the 60 if that makes sense. It's mind boggling the amount of money that get's wasted.
Sweet hookup man!! I always wondered who buys all those antiquated servers and racks of equipment. Lol.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet hookup man!! I always wondered who buys all those antiquated servers and racks of equipment. Lol.
companys give those away free to the recyclers, they get last years medical equipment, last years school computers, last years whatever. there making money hand over foot, plus they pay like .07 cents a lb to people that bring stuff in (a pittance), they give out $3-4 per CRT tv's, and in turn get $12 each from the state and all they have to do is accept them from the public stack them on a pallet, shrink wrap it, weight it and load them in a trailer, the state takes it away.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
companys give those away free to the recyclers, they get last years medical equipment, last years school computers, last years whatever. there making money hand over foot, plus they pay like .07 cents a lb to people that bring stuff in (a pittance), they give out $3-4 per CRT tv's, and in turn get $12 each from the state and all they have to do is accept them from the public stack them on a pallet, shrink wrap it, weight it and load them in a trailer, the state takes it away.
Daaaaaamn. I need in on this *******!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daaaaaamn. I need in on this *******!
me too, but....you know what they say takes money to make money I have been buying from them for almost 10 years watched them grow from a little place to baller. The owner started going to china and having products made and shipped over here in containers, he started out making some Segway type products that didn't really take off but then he came up with bumpboxx which are old school styled boom boxes (now bluetooth instead of cassette) and part of his marketing strategy was to send free bumpboxx's to all the NFL teams and that has now really taken off, he doesn't even come to work anymore lol
https://bumpboxx.com/ some of those boom boxes are $895 !!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop