Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
See with a manual you could have push started it and limped it home :D
Don't think I didn't think that!
Funny--I wanted to try and bang the starter--what did I have to lose---the truck is so low, and I guess I have a big chest--I had to jack up the truck just to get under there to bang it!
Flatbed driver side this was the 1st time he had to use a block letting it off the bed. The rear hitch was dragging on the street.

Last edited:

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a damn good price.

Try to get identify exactly where it starts to lose power. If it starts at 5,000 and gets worse then it makes sense injectors are maxed. If it falls off well before 3-4k then IMO it's not maxed injectors since an extra point of compression isn't going to require that much more fuel. Unless of course, he put smaller than stock for some strange reason.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a good deal! But yeah I agree, the only way I know to see if they are maxed for sure is look at the tune and a log file.
Those are the ones I put in mine I think. But I can’t pulley down on the blower because they start hitting 90-95% at WOT when I do. But I have to pull my blower to install new ones- thanks Whipple. And then I need a second fuel pump, 2-bar tune, etc.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Try to get identify exactly where it starts to lose power. If it starts at 5,000 and gets worse then it makes sense injectors are maxed. If it falls off well before 3-4k then IMO it's not maxed injectors since an extra point of compression isn't going to require that much more fuel. Unless of course, he put smaller than stock for some strange reason.
I'll have to check this on the highway ;):D:driver:

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the new belt. I hope this is the one.
Quick Ride going to get parts.

Belt looks good and truck sounds good to me.

Those are the ones I put in mine I think. But I can’t pulley down on the blower because they start hitting 90-95% at WOT when I do. But I have to pull my blower to install new ones- thanks Whipple. And then I need a second fuel pump, 2-bar tune, etc.

I have some 60lb DW injectors and they were getting close to max too if I pulley down with the 6.0. Why the heck did Whipple do that! I can have mine out in minutes.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Belt looks good and truck sounds good to me.

I have some 60lb DW injectors and they were getting close to max too if I pulley down with the 6.0. Why the heck did Whipple do that! I can have mine out in minutes.
It did sound good. I keep hoping the belt slipping was the cause of some of my issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeG1302