Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
God i miss the fold flat seats of that gen tahoe.... hate that mine tumble.... had some good, nay... great, nay....f’in great times back there.....;)
Going through Tony's thread here and had to comment on this post from several months ago.

A couple of years ago I had a 2002 Z71 Tahoe that I loved dearly. Had it for six years then foolishly traded it on a Jeep Wrangler that was admittedly badass once I got done with it. Then a few weeks ago I got a 2010 Tahoe . Tumbled the back seats forward and thought to myself, "WTF?".

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
Going through Tony's thread here and had to comment on this post from several months ago.

A couple of years ago I had a 2002 Z71 Tahoe that I loved dearly. Had it for six years then foolishly traded it on a Jeep Wrangler that was admittedly badass once I got done with it. Then a few weeks ago I got a 2010 Tahoe . Tumbled the back seats forward and thought to myself, "WTF?".

Oh really? I had no idea they changed them. Why the crap?

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Hey Tony, looking back at your build I see you went with the speed engineering long tubes and y-pipe. I’m considering the same headers, any insight on them? Looks like the flange is decent. Other than the plug wires, happy with them? And I also checked out the y-pipe interference issue and I think you have the wrong kit. The correct one that I’m seeing has a 90* coming off the drivers header going into a 45* on a rolling offset to clear the front shaft. Maybe that’s why your stock exhaust didn’t line up right before you had the Y-pipe clocked? This is a pic that I found that shows the rolling offset to get around front shaft.

0ee40dd47f3c52cb15dd169454b1c48c.jpg

I don’t want to buy the Kooks headers at that price. I’ll make my own Y-pipe and ordering the Corsa street cat back kit.

So question is, speed engineering or pacesetter on the headers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Concerning the headers themselves--So Far--I haven't had any issues. Don't use their header gaskets or their bolts. Buy your own quality set. If you have any issues, they're customer service isn't that great either. Best thing about them is their price tho. BUT--You get what you pay for. Hopefully this was a little helpful. Any questions feel free to ask. Guys here love Kooks. The fit is good, but they're pricey. But they don't have any issues. @Rocket Man has American Thunder(I think that's who they are)and he says fit and finish is fantastic, but they're really pricey. Hopefully he'll chime in on those.

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Concerning the headers themselves--So Far--I haven't had any issues. Don't use their header gaskets or their bolts. Buy your own quality set. If you have any issues, they're customer service isn't that great either. Best thing about them is their price tho. BUT--You get what you pay for. Hopefully this was a little helpful. Any questions feel free to ask. Guys here love Kooks. The fit is good, but they're pricey. But they don't have any issues. @Rocket Man has American Thunder(I think that's who they are)and he says fit and finish is fantastic, but they're really pricey. Hopefully he'll chime in on those.

Thanks. That’s what I wanted to hear. The Corsa exhaust is pricey in itself so I’m looking to save a couple bucks on the headers and y-pipe. Definitely want long tubes so I’m between pacesetter and what you have. I’ve seen good reviews on that speed engineering, being best bang for the low cost. I’ll definitely be using different gaskets and hardware. Also I wanna run a collector rather than them band clamps. Everything else will be fully welded and flanges. Clamps suck. Thanks again for giving the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy