Tonny's 2001 Tahoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So today I visited my mate and he already had the spark plug wires in house! Time for some new ones since I just pasted 190k miles with the stock wires.
View attachment 270281

And he has also done some maintenance of my cousins baby, who lives in North Weymouth :) New shocks and absorbers which I immediately saw because of the difference in height.

Next job for me is to detail the car, put new rubber along the windows and fix the hanging headliner. Will start next Monday on my spare days. Good for me to earn some extra money :)
View attachment 270282 View attachment 270283View attachment 270284
Those look like Trans Am rims on there.s-l300.jpg

OP
OP
Tonny

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I began with the Rover; got the sunroof + sagging roof lining out to re-carpeted that. But that is not where this is topic is about :D I did it at my mates place, who owns his own business ''Gearhead'' and does a lot of American cars and the more classic ones. And he helps me with the Chevy if I can't fix it and also invited me to work on my Chevy if I need so.

Today I started by prewashed the car + undercarriage because of freezing + show, which means salt :mad: Then contacted Rico if I could come over to his shop to change my spark plug wires, so I didn't have to stand outside haha. And if things go wrong I can always ask him, but fitting new spark plug wires was something I managed to do myself :driver: Can't say it runs smoother, because it already did, though we had a pre-made wire because of the spark plug swap last year, that said bye when I took it of.
Pre washed and loads of water after that, also that undercarriage, in the wash box.
IMG_6072.JPEG

There is goes, fresh AC Delco's
IMG_6073.JPEG

Left side:
IMG_6076.JPEG
Right side:
IMG_6083.JPEG
IMG_6082.JPEG

I guess it not bad after 190k miles on the originals haha.

And then I saw a e-fan connected to a radiator in Rico's workshed, so I said, I need one also for more HP! Then he said, ooh you can have it, the customer bought everything new. I immediately saw it is not the biggest one, but it came from a Jaguar XJ 6 R 4.2 supercharged. So I imagine it has some power and I'm going to see if I can make it fit and work. The Jag is still there so I will get connectors and whats left of the wiring out of the Jag and see what I end up with. I've to go custom anyway, because I don't have a HD radiator anymore. Was looking for a Corvette/Camaro e-fan. But this free fan is worth giving a shot, the motors are quite heavy! Pics in next post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B