To delete or not to delete Z55 on 2013 Burb. F/R Coil spring part numbers??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was deciding on whether to keep Z55 or not, I had completely trashed one of the front electronic shocks (long story). It was a Saturday, and I had to get the Tahoe back on the road and not stranded on a lift, so I bought some quick struts through Napa to get me by. I absolutely HATED the way the front end dipped during cornering with conventional shocks. I found that The electronic shocks stiffen up during cornering and normal shocks don't adapt to cornering. After that, I decided to spend the money and buy the factory stuff. I also drive cross country twice a year, so that's another reason I wanted to keep the smooth ride. It's like driving my living room couch

OP
OP
fireburban

fireburban

Reaction score
When I was deciding on whether to keep Z55 or not, I had completely trashed one of the front electronic shocks (long story). It was a Saturday, and I had to get the Tahoe back on the road and not stranded on a lift, so I bought some quick struts through Napa to get me by. I absolutely HATED the way the front end dipped during cornering with conventional shocks. I found that The electronic shocks stiffen up during cornering and normal shocks don't adapt to cornering. After that, I decided to spend the money and buy the factory stuff. I also drive cross country twice a year, so that's another reason I wanted to keep the smooth ride. It's like driving my living room couch

You'd be in love with these Bilstien's. My wife loved the ride in stock form, but she likes it even better now. I'd never go back at this point.

These struts along with the small amount of added preload make it corner great. Granted I'm lifted, 2.75 in front and 2in in the rear, the body roll and sway are hardly noticeable.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty awesome. I did look at bilsteins, but I had them on a truck I used to own and were too firm fo me back then. I am just old, haha

OP
OP
fireburban

fireburban

Reaction score
That's pretty awesome. I did look at bilsteins, but I had them on a truck I used to own and were too firm fo me back then. I am just old, haha

Nope I get it... I had the same thought about an old 86 toyota pickup I had for years. Put the Bilstein's on and they were pretty stiff. Different story on these tanks we drive!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9