To delete or not to delete Z55 on 2013 Burb. F/R Coil spring part numbers??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fireburban

fireburban

Reaction score
Haven't had time yet, have all the parts sitting in my shop ready to go. Supposed to snow 6-8in here tomorrow through Saturday. When the weather warms up it's getting done.

OP
OP
fireburban

fireburban

Reaction score
Guys, it literally took me this long to get the rear done. Had too much going on with life, and was pulling a 10k lb. trailer around with no air in the factory shocks.

Anyways, I got the rear done, finally... Didn't take any pictures as I was in a hurry. I had to unbolt the sway bar links and brake line from axle. Replaced the factory springs with the Z71 springs (which were much taller, also put helper air bags inside coils) and ditched the coil spacers that came with the old leveling kit. Along with the bilstein shocks and the new springs it rides great. Already pulled the trailer (empty), with my old setup it almost bottomed out my suspension even empty, it rides much better as well with 30lbs in the bags. With my 2.5in ccm leveling kit on front it's very level.

I just need to run my front struts to a shop to have them swap out to the adj bilstein's and reassemble for me. I have all new hardware and strut mounts as well. Then it will be done. Had these parts for long time, and I've moved since I was last on here. Ready to get this done!

Last edited:
OP
OP
fireburban

fireburban

Reaction score
Oh and today I ordered the full Front and Rear "Sport kit" from EBC. Yellow stuff pads and slotted and dimpled rotors f/r. These factory brakes don't cut it, even driving around without a trailer I feel these brakes suffer when you run a bigger wheel/tire combo. 305's or 295's all around make it tough to stop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fireburban

fireburban

Reaction score
Got the brakes installed, front and rear. Wow is all I have to say... Damn near threw my wife threw the windshield the first time she drove it. These EBC brakes are an awesome upgrade. Can't even tell I have bigger wheels and tires now. And towing I don't even feel the trailer (10k lb dump trailer). A great upgrade if any of you are looking, I used the yellow stuff pads with the sport rotors.

Tomorrow it goes in for the front strut replacement/swap, it will finally be done front to back. I'm going to keep the spacer (leveling kit) and put the 5100 bilstiens on the second from the top notch. I have new strut mounts and boots as well.

OP
OP
fireburban

fireburban

Reaction score
I got the front struts installed yesterday. I had them install them with the bilstiens at the second from stock setting along with the 2.5 CCM strut spacer. Preload is a bit much, wishing I would have went to the stock setting, as it rides a little rough in front. It is exactly level with the rear. Pics to come soon!!! Overall I am happy, looks great, rides good!

OP
OP
fireburban

fireburban

Reaction score
Well... I have to say this thing rides absolutely awesome. I take back what I said previously, it did seem harsh at first on the 2nd setting. But after I put a few hundred miles on it today, a 100% difference. They must have settled and had a chance to break in because the harshness is gone and it rides smooth as butter. Best 2 things I've done to this burb was the brakes and delete the Z55 Auto ride. Loving the ride with the Z71 springs and these Bilstein's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep