Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man. Also I am mistaken, I took a look last night and mine are the load class "C".

Many many years ago I sold tires for a living. Around that time BFG redesigned the Radial T/A and these had outstanding traction in dry and in the wet. As I was dumb and fearless in my youth, I had no problem running my muscle car to 80 mph in the blinding rain with those tires, way before stabilitrack, ABS and traction control! Anyhow, the designers of the tire told me that it was the C-blocks at the edge of the tread that gave them this excellent wet weather ability. I also quit hauling my slicks and floor jack to the drag strip because I could consistently get 1.76 60-foot times with them with a best of 1.72 or 1.67, don't remember anymore. Anyhow, when I saw those same tread blocks on the new KO2s, I was sold! They did not disappoint in the rain.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many many years ago I sold tires for a living. Around that time BFG redesigned the Radial T/A and these had outstanding traction in dry and in the wet. As I was dumb and fearless in my youth, I had no problem running my muscle car to 80 mph in the blinding rain with those tires, way before stabilitrack, ABS and traction control! Anyhow, the designers of the tire told me that it was the C-blocks at the edge of the tread that gave them this excellent wet weather ability. I also quit hauling my slicks and floor jack to the drag strip because I could consistently get 1.76 60-foot times with them with a best of 1.72 or 1.67, don't remember anymore. Anyhow, when I saw those same tread blocks on the new KO2s, I was sold! They did not disappoint in the rain.

Interesting history there. Here is some pics of how they handle salt up here LOL.

IMG_0634[1].JPG IMG_0635[1].JPG

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming Nitto being the much Lauder tire?

That would be my assumption. I have had several sets of bfg at’s. Pretty mild noise overall. I have not had the nitto mudders, but have had several sets of mudders over the years.... they are always way louder. Not so bad when brand new, but as soon as you get some miles on them they will surely start getting louder.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be my assumption. I have had several sets of bfg at’s. Pretty mild noise overall. I have not had the nitto mudders, but have had several sets of mudders over the years.... they are always way louder. Not so bad when brand new, but as soon as you get some miles on them they will surely start getting louder.

Currently have nitto, and as you said when new the noise was acceptable but now they getting louder with each mile, though I was getting old LOL. I guess will compromise off road capabilities but willing to try KO2

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently have nitto, and as you said when new the noise was acceptable but now they getting louder with each mile, though I was getting old LOL. I guess will compromise off road capabilities but willing to try KO2
The KO2’s IMO are loudest in the 10 - 30 mph range. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the noise level at highway speed and the amount of traction these tires have. My poor 4WD asked me why I haven’t used it since I put them on. And on the highway in the rain you won’t get too many tailgaters willing to get close enough to get blasted by the afterspray. :)

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KO2’s IMO are loudest in the 10 - 30 mph range. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the noise level at highway speed and the amount of traction these tires have. My poor 4WD asked me why I haven’t used it since I put them on. And on the highway in the rain you won’t get too many tailgaters willing to get close enough to get blasted by the afterspray. :)
It seems like I can't stop dumping money on this truck, thinking about getting another set of rims factory style snowflake just not really sure if aggressive looking tire will hit them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kracker456