Tired of your iO3 radio? Call these guys.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I bought my '17 PPV and love every bit of it......except that crappy iO3 radio.

The Dealer had an option to upgrade to an 8" Pioneer aftermarket radio, but it wouldn't utilize the factory buttons. So I did some hunting, and found these guys:

https://www.gm-navigation.com/

They don't have it specifically advertized on their website, but they have a very straight forward upgrade using Factory GM parts and a custom harness to replace your iO3 radio to a touch-screen iO6 radio with Apple Car Play, Android Auto and XM.

Since it uses factory GM modules and screen, it integrates perfectly with the GM Body Module and works with the factory reverse camera. It also works with all of the factory buttons, controls, and settings. The bluetooth also seems to just work better and faster overall. It's super awesome, and made my car feel much classier. The screen even has that secret storage compartment behind it.

It's not super cheap...I recall it being about $2k...but in my opinion it's totally worth it.

I don't represent them in any way, but I just loved their product and figured someone else here would probably be in the same position.

RC45

Reaction score
OK - so they figured out all the steps then.

In 2015 when I spoke to MVI they had not yet done a PPV iO3 to iO6 upgrade but figured it should be relatively simple.

$2K sounds about right, I seem to recall GM parts alone was about $1800.00, so figure at least another $500+ for the custom pieces needed.

Did you install the the parts of ship your truck to Colorado to get done?

OP
OP
aggmeister2010
Reaction score
OK - so they figured out all the steps then.

In 2015 when I spoke to MVI they had not yet done a PPV iO3 to iO6 upgrade but figured it should be relatively simple.

$2K sounds about right, I seem to recall GM parts alone was about $1800.00, so figure at least another $500+ for the custom pieces needed.

Did you install the the parts of ship your truck to Colorado to get done?

I had the guy here in Houston that put in my Emergengy Lights install it. He said it was extremely straightforward, and they provide a real time walk through as well. No need to ship your car.

If you're around Houston PM me and I can hook you up with my installer. He has done a few of them in PPVs since then so he's a pro by now.

RC45

Reaction score
I had the guy here in Houston that put in my Emergengy Lights install it. He said it was extremely straightforward, and they provide a real time walk through as well. No need to ship your car.

If you're around Houston PM me and I can hook you up with my installer. He has done a few of them in PPVs since then so he's a pro by now.

Thanks, will do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972