Tire Reviews Thread for 22'' Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capitalheel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is a more aggressive look a priority? My vote would be 1-Nitto Ridge Grappler 2-Toto AT3. Both are stiffer tires an will be a bit rougher ride.
Mine with 285/50r22
View attachment 274632

would like a more aggressive look than the alenzas for sure haha, but also want something that will not be too firm. the 22s take care of that enough and with the alenzas it's borderline bad. i'm looking for a moderate AT tread tire without a "too firm" feel, if that makes sense.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would like a more aggressive look than the alenzas for sure haha, but also want something that will not be too firm. the 22s take care of that enough and with the alenzas it's borderline bad. i'm looking for a moderate AT tread tire without a "too firm" feel, if that makes sense.

Have you ever tried the more aggressive bridgestones? I put a set on my wifes last yukon and liked them more than the stock bridgestones. A little more aggressive, although still very street friendly...

417FAA4E-94E4-4844-BAB3-59DE019D8A81.jpeg

capitalheel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you ever tried the more aggressive bridgestones? I put a set on my wifes last yukon and liked them more than the stock bridgestones. A little more aggressive, although still very street friendly...

View attachment 274648

would definitely consider them (had the A/T Revo 2s on my old one) but they didn't come up as having an r22 option in the couple places i've looked - maybe they stopped making them? i had seen them in person before, so it is odd i can't find them online.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would definitely consider them (had the A/T Revo 2s on my old one) but they didn't come up as having an r22 option in the couple places i've looked - maybe they stopped making them? i had seen them in person before, so it is odd i can't find them online.

wow, yea looks like no 22” wheel option anymore for those tires. Crazy.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I had nitto terra graps on my wifes denali for over 60k miles. They were an absolute great tire. Almost bought them again, but figured I would try the falken at3w this time around since they are quite a bit cheaper and I have had good luck with them on my pickup. They have been great so far. Factory size, but do have fox coilovers set at rough 2” of lift.

View attachment 274627

View attachment 274628

View attachment 274626
I waited and waited for Falken to release these! I bought my coopers last spring and I still wish I had the Falkens.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I waited and waited for Falken to release these! I bought my coopers last spring and I still wish I had the Falkens.

Yea they just came out with them not long ago. They didnt have any tires for 22” wheels very long ago.

captain

Reaction score
Hi all, truck came with Nk utility sp-7
285/45 r22 114v xl m+s.

They seem a bit squishy to me. I've never heard of this brand before. Are these shit china bomb tires?

I'd like something a little more aggressive with towing capabilities in mind. Very light AT but towing is my highest priority. Also if there was a way to have a bit of a bigger tire with more meat to it incase of getting too close to a curb that would be cool. Will occasionally see snow. Any suggestions please?

capitalheel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: ended up going with the Continental TerrainContact A/T (285/45/r22) and also adding the SuspensionMaxx 1.5" leveling kit up front (hope to install myself the same day after the tires go on). I'll post before/after photos.

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had the B-Stone Dueler Alenza in the snow? If so, how are they?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh