Tire Reviews Thread for 22'' Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not quite as silent as the stock tires were, but very quiet overall IMO. Hell, the front tires are starting to cup quite a bit because I have not got an alignment yet after putting in the fox coilovers, and they are still hardly even audible.

We live in northern MI, so we get all the seasons. Snow, ice, sleet, rain, bare/dry roads...they have handled everything superbly. I dont take her MOM BUS out two tracking much so no review for dirt/mud, although Im sure they would work just fine. We went into this winter with almost 50k miles on the tires, and I figured I would have to put a new set on to get through the winter safely...still running them with no issues!

I definitely highly recommend them. They have been a great tire.
This is good to hear! The price is hard to take but if they last and perform it may be worth it.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
I'm running a set of Nitto NT420's and so far after about 10K Miles I'm extremely happy with them, Very little Road noise, Handles great in all weather conditions, Very smooth ride, plus they look awesome.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have been down the same road...factory tires then Premier LTX which only lasted around 22k, and currently Michelin Defender LTX. Currently have around 12k miles on them and they still look brand new. IMO, definitely the tire to go with (on these trucks) especially if dealing with vibrations and buffeting.
The Premier's have a soft treat compound and the Defender's a harder tread compound, so the Defenders should last longer. I'll be replacing my factory Alenza's with Premier's in a few months. Photo pending...

Reaction score
The Premier's have a soft treat compound and the Defender's a harder tread compound, so the Defenders should last longer. I'll be replacing my factory Alenza's with Premier's in a few months. Photo pending...
Curious, why Premier vs. Defender? Also, how many miles on your OEM Alenzas?

Tahoe_Tito

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm running a set of Nitto NT420's and so far after about 10K Miles I'm extremely happy with them, Very little Road noise, Handles great in all weather conditions, Very smooth ride, plus they look awesome.
285 or 305’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk