Tire recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeumkc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
'07 tahoe LTZ (20 inch wheels). Looking to keep the stock size tires, but want to know what people are using. I am just looking for a good all-season tire. This is mostly a family-hauler. The stock goodyears have seemed to be "ok". But perhaps there is something a bit better that people have experience with.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
The Bridgestone's that came OEM on the LTZ's and Denali's are pretty decent tires. Everyone has their own opinion about who makes the best tires, but to be honest it all depends on what you are looking to get out of your tire. Personally, I really like Nitto, BFG, Cooper, Bridgestone and Michelin tires. Best thing to do is figure out what you are going for, whether it be looks, off road, high mileage, street and so on, figure out your price range, and then go from there.

Coolade07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant decide wat would work better in chicago. BFG all terrains or nitto terra grapplers?

i think its pretty good to go outside the stock options.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
roll with the Bridgestone Alenza's that come stock on these things. They last forever! The Goodyear LS2's cant even compare!

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
i cant decide wat would work better in chicago. BFG all terrains or nitto terra grapplers?

i think its pretty good to go outside the stock options.

Both are very good tires. But the Nitto's will be cheaper, and the BFG's are probably a little better of a tire.

ProStreetCamaro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone have any opinions on the General Grabbers?

RUN AWAY from them! Had the Grabber HTS installed on our 2500HD a couple weeks ago and they were so unstable they were down right dangerous. They took them off and installed micheline ltx m/s and all better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum