Tire comes out FURTHER on the passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murdered99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I bought a 2000 Chevy Tahoe Limited Edition about a month ago. It’s a 99 Mid year. Same body style as the 99. Anyways, I installed 1.5” spacers in the front and 2” spacers in the back because the back already came out further then the front for whatever reason. I assumed because the rear end had drum brakes and the front had disc. But after I put the spacers on I noticed the passenger side stuck out more than the driver side. I didn’t notice it before, So idk if it was already that way or not. What could it be? Should I take the spacers back off and see if it’s any different with them off?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
There’s another thread within the last week about the same issue. Some say it’s typical GM construction. You might search that out and read it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am a little confused. You said you put the 2" spacers on the rear and 1.5" spacers on the front. You also said the rear was already wider than the front but stuck the wider spacers on the back. Check the track bar and the spring mounts for the offset problem.

OP
OP
M

Murdered99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am a little confused. You said you put the 2" spacers on the rear and 1.5" spacers on the front. You also said the rear was already wider than the front but stuck the wider spacers on the back. Check the track bar and the spring mounts for the offset problem.
I said it wrong . Put the smaller ones in the back and bigger ones up front to even then out .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17