Tire and Wheel Protection Plan: typo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM_fan97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have the "Tire and Wheel Protection Plan" (service contract) through GM administered by AMT Warranty Corp? Either the GMC, Chevy or Cadillac version - they all seem to have this:

Page #2 of the contract lists the "Exclusions and Limitations" for the contract and they continue onto page 3. Section L on Page 3 says it excludes "any vehicle weighing over 1 ton GVWR" in addition to excluding "Exotic vehicles" and vehicles with an MSRP of $125k or more.

The "over 1 ton GVWR" cannot be correct? Every car GM makes is over 1 ton GVWR no?
I am assuming they mean "under" 1 ton...which would include those 3-wheeled Spyder cars, etc.

I'm not a legal expert so I'm thinking I must be missing something - I highly doubt I found an error/typo that no one has noticed previously?

GMC Tire and Wheel.JPG

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Virginia. I’m with Ron but call their friendly customer service team to get the skinny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons