Tire and ride hight question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Epplers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2013 Tahoe PPV that is in almost new condition but it has 265/70r17 tires on it that are 2" taller than the 265/60r17 that come on it. I would like to put 60r17 on but not sure if the ride height has been raised. It is sitting around 10" off the ground but I think it should be 8". Now concerned that there will be a huge gap between tire and fender well. Any way to tell if the ride height was tinkered with?

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 265/60/17 tires from Firestone (FIREHAWK GT) are about $500 each and are extremely firm ride. If you want the lowered look, I recommend a 2” front drop and 3” rear drop coils/springs from Eibach or Belltech. I ditched my 265/60/17 tires as they were too firm and felt every bump.

OP
OP
E

Epplers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe it's just the tires they put on it i don't like. tahoe PPV.jpg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Measure the space between fender and tire now. Any amount the smaller tire lacks will be the gap.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it looks good (rear could be lower)

I honestly think the 265/60/17’s look far too undersized. Unless you plan on running it up to it’s top speed consistently I think I’d stay with 265/70/17. I’ve had good luck selling used tires if they’re in good condition, buy something you like and sell those on cl. I run ko2’s on my ssv and it’s lowered.

OP
OP
E

Epplers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think i'm going to keep them they are brand new but my speed is now faster than it shows so I need to look into correcting that. Plus with smaller tires my wife and daughter will stop calling it The Beast.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it looks good too! I went with a taller profile as well, for a better ride. I also put Belltech suspension on it to lower it back down from the taller tires. Definitely going to ride good the way yours sits now, but if you can sacrifice a little stiffer ride I'd get a kit similar to mine. My setup is in my sig.

OP
OP
E

Epplers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Going to leave it alone, the bad ride was because the tires were not balanced. Just going to put the 70/17 on the spare it still has the original tire on it. Also need to find out how to correct the speed being 5MPH faster than it says. Anyone know who you send your VIN to from Chevy to get the full specs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low