Tips for Keeping Headlights Clear of Ice Buildup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MikeBoom

MikeBoom

Reaction score
I’ll probably try the ceramic route, guys. A friend of mine who‘s into detailing recommended this, too.

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
The funny thing is the led lights do generate heat, but frim the rear instead of the bulb. This problem is becoming common enough someone is going either engineer a headlight housing to take advantage of that or port air back from the cabin heater to the headlights (which would be more complicated and less effective).

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is the led lights do generate heat, but frim the rear instead of the bulb. This problem is becoming common enough someone is going either engineer a headlight housing to take advantage of that or port air back from the cabin heater to the headlights (which would be more complicated and less effective).
Technology already exists so kind of surprising you don't get said technology on newer high end vehicles. I'm sure the lenses need to be made out of glass so probably would drastically increase the cost of mass producing them for millions of vehicles compared to cheap plastic lenses...