Tinted windshield ticket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You fellas ought to have your eyes checked. The doctor can sign a form so the government will allow you to run dark tint on your windows to protect your eyes. Juan, are you in Tallahassee by chance?

Hello,

No sir. I am in Central Florida when I"m here. Most of the time I am north of New Orleans. When I am done with my assignment, I will be home in Central Florida. Why do you ask?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

No sir. I am in Central Florida when I"m here. Most of the time I am north of New Orleans. When I am done with my assignment, I will be home in Central Florida. Why do you ask?

I have a cousin married to a fella named Juan who I've never met, drives an Esky I'm told, travels a lot too.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not being a smart a** or anything, but if you have bad eyes, they make all sorts of sunglasses. I am not a fan of tinted windshields because you are messing with the main area you're supposed to be looking out of! At night, how are you supposed to see a sudden danger when you can't see through it? When I used to work at the dealer, I hated dealing with vehicles with tinted windshields, the shop wasn't that bright to begin with, and getting them into my bay sucked because I couldn't see through them. It's like putting a bandana over your eyes and expecting to drive safely. Sorry if this offends anyone, but a windshield is meant to seen through, it's not supposed to be sporty, it's function is for the driver to see through unobstructed.

I have my windshields tinted to 50% and still need to wear sunglasses. I can see perfectly fine at night as well. It also isn't just about "sporty" because tint has plenty of function as well, high quality film also blocks huge amounts of heat. I don't advise any darker than 50% though, that does make it difficult to see at night.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tinted windows are a very weird issue, and differs vastly between state and state.
Here in NJ you are not allowed to have any tint on the front windows, and it is illegal to even drive a vehicle with tinted windows in NJ with an NJ driver's license. You can go as dark as you want on the rear windows though.

Here in Florida it's 28% on front windows (no tint below AS-1 line) and for rear it's 15% or higher for cars and 6% or higher for SUVs/Trucks. I'm in Florida for school and have 20% on front windows and a 20% visor bar (mostly to hide my visor lightbar) and 20% isn't dark enough to net attention, NJ though I could easily be ticketed for the front windows though.

All depends on the cop and the jurisdiction. 5% will get you attention, and any sort of windshield tint will definitely get you attention. We have all our gov customers sign a waiver whenever they request us to tint either their front windows or windshield so we cannot be held liable if something happens.

Tide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not being a smart a** or anything, but if you have bad eyes, they make all sorts of sunglasses. I am not a fan of tinted windshields because you are messing with the main area you're supposed to be looking out of! At night, how are you supposed to see a sudden danger when you can't see through it? When I used to work at the dealer, I hated dealing with vehicles with tinted windshields, the shop wasn't that bright to begin with, and getting them into my bay sucked because I couldn't see through them. It's like putting a bandana over your eyes and expecting to drive safely. Sorry if this offends anyone, but a windshield is meant to seen through, it's not supposed to be sporty, it's function is for the driver to see through unobstructed.

With 5% on the windows it is easier for me to see outside with the windshield tinted, much easier in fact. I’ve run 35 and 50 on my windshield for over 10 years now with a couple brief stints of pulling it off to get out of a ticket. I’ve got an out for that now though. Texas guys make sure the doctor makes note that the windshield tint is required. Key thing is required, went to court and found that one out.

I have my windshields tinted to 50% and still need to wear sunglasses. I can see perfectly fine at night as well. It also isn't just about "sporty" because tint has plenty of function as well, high quality film also blocks huge amounts of heat. I don't advise any darker than 50% though, that does make it difficult to see at night.

^This. With 50 I wear my glasses often. With 35 I don’t need it unless directly into the sun. For me 35 wasn’t an issue at all. Just too much unwanted attention. For now at least.

Couple pics for comparison if anyone is looking to do this:

35%
8f95ed963ae4c32729f483258f39e18d.jpg

35%
4a9a4fadf38ce4c63ed986b5cf9a6fd7.jpg

55cdf5869e54d91f19721d70e5ebe267.jpg

e65ffba8b3e3c916bce5a9309531f13e.jpg

5777aa2b659ecbb05e36bddea92e433c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09Tahoe4Now

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ceramic 70% on the front, 20% front sides, 5% rear sides and back window. Definitely no visual obstruction on the front window and I could have gone darker but didn’t want the attention. The greatest asset is medical benefits and of course—helping to beat the Texas heat!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288