Tint ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many (most?) states have very specific limits on the maximum % you can tint the front windows. In our area, they can and will ticket you if the windows are too dark. You have to have a small dated sticker from the installer on your windshield stating the % of tint. I believe the fine is $500. I went with the maximum legal tint. It is lighter than the OEM rear tint. I’m pleased with it. Even at this tint, I’ve noticed that it is sometimes too dark when looking out the front windows at night, such as when turning in the dark.

Mike Diaferio

Reaction score
When I had it done the first time it was the 15%, but I had it redone to the 20%. I like it much better both for the looks outside and the coolness inside.

OP
OP
H

HottnesDenali

Reaction score
Many (most?) states have very specific limits on the maximum % you can tint the front windows. In our area, they can and will ticket you if the windows are too dark. You have to have a small dated sticker from the installer on your windshield stating the % of tint. I believe the fine is $500. I went with the maximum legal tint. It is lighter than the OEM rear tint. I’m pleased with it. Even at this tint, I’ve noticed that it is sometimes too dark when looking out the front windows at night, such as when turning in the dark.
NYC law is 70%.

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"When you do just the two fronts, its hard to match the factory smoked glass. They do their best to get it close though. Personally I did 5% all the way around (including the backs) and 35% on the full windshield... since its dark, I don't notice the difference. I went with the llumar ceramic."

How is driving at night with that 35%?

OP
OP
H

HottnesDenali

Reaction score
When I had it done the first time it was the 15%, but I had it redone to the 20%. I like it much better both for the looks outside and the coolness inside.
I had it done in 15% but I removed it. I removed bc I dont like how it look from the inside. Look at the 3rd pic. It’s a big difference. How does the 20% look from the inside? Comparing the front doors to the rears doors?

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good lord I think that is worse than CA. I think 20-25% is the max alowed here for the 2 fronts bout everything else no holds barred. I’ve had limo on the front before but gotten fix it tickets. This was years ago and since then only do 20% in the fronts and limo the rest.

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They won't bother you in Florida, I have everything super dark including the windshield.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want the front windows lighter than the rear. When you make the front so dark… you can barely see anything in your mirrors. It’s much more important that you’re able to see than what it looks like…
What a concept….Function over looks…….. My Concept for about ever but can’t fix stupid. Pretty much asking to get stopped by po po! Especially one traffic light hickville.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I have no sympathy for the ones who try Limo in a 25% or above state and get a fix it ticket. If there is an accident you could be eaten alive by other partys lawyer and get experts to testify that your reaction time was decreased and had the tint been legal there could be more time/room to avoid collision……Yes that can also work for the blacked out exterior lighting.

Just saying!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr