Time for a tune up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
No worries then about it failing where it is now.... ;)

Good point. Feeling better now.

Seriously, though, I've done a little reading...

The OE pumps are made in Canada or Mexico. (should say on the pump, I haven't looked at the one I have yet). The PRO are made in China. The OE have ball/roller bearings. The PRO have sealed bearings. Both have heat treated impeller shafts and coated seals, but the OE has a stainless spring.

I have also seen for the first time that the outlet and thermostat are different sizes. The OE on rock auto came with a thermostat and housing. I'm assuming this is because it's different than what's in there now, which is weird seeing that it's the "OE" part. "Revision", "updated", I have no idea. Will read more.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting info on the OE and Pro lines.

I wonder how this applies to their suspension parts. I just bought some lower control arm/ball joint assemblies and they're the ACDelco Pro line, according to the part numbers (45D2472 and 45D2471). I got them both, shipped for less than the base price of just one arm, so I'm gonna run them. But I'd like to know so I'm not surprised if the balljoints and/or bushings crap out in 20,000 miles.

OP
OP
Danzigman

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point. Feeling better now.

I have also seen for the first time that the outlet and thermostat are different sizes. The OE on rock auto came with a thermostat and housing. I'm assuming this is because it's different than what's in there now, which is weird seeing that it's the "OE" part. "Revision", "updated", I have no idea. Will read more.
You just jogged my memory I went back to look I did buy the oe because I had to buy the thermostat housing. I got them from amazon... don’t know why I thought I bought the pro?? Maybe the pro was the one failing.

I went the the Taylor thunderbolt 50 10.1mm wires and returned the 8mm wires. They are very impressive. I sent the pro o2 sensors back. I need to order the oe o2 sensors. I also installed the double platinum plugs. Delco has a rebate that end Dec 31st if you need plugs.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
You just jogged my memory I went back to look I did buy the oe because I had to buy the thermostat housing. I got them from amazon... don’t know why I thought I bought the pro?? Maybe the pro was the one failing.

I went the the Taylor thunderbolt 50 10.1mm wires and returned the 8mm wires. They are very impressive. I sent the pro o2 sensors back. I need to order the oe o2 sensors. I also installed the double platinum plugs. Delco has a rebate that end Dec 31st if you need plugs.

Nice.

I have a set of VMS 10.4 mm and a set of delco iridiums in my pile.