Tighten gas cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lemonho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi all,

Everyone was so nice after my “vent” post I would like to ask for help. I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ and for the last year I get tighten gas cap on the DIC and I dismiss and it comes on a few days later then after the 3rd time the check engine light comes on. I have purchased a new gas cap and Chevy has done a smoke test and a vacuum test and they say everything test ok. On a scanner it’s code P0445. Without replacing every sensor and solenoid has anyone had this and figured it out? Thanks for your help.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they replace/test the CVS ( Canister Vent Solenoid)? This happens quite often and can trigger the P0445 code, could be also be an electrical issue or a fault in the ECM. This should be easily solved at the dealership, as mentioned I would take it back to the dealer to get this resolved.

OP
OP
L

lemonho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did they replace/test the CVS ( Canister Vent Solenoid)? This happens quite often and can trigger the P0445 code, could be also be an electrical issue or a fault in the ECM. This should be easily solved at the dealership, as mentioned I would take it back to the dealer to get this resolved.
I pay out of pocket each time. I’m hoping for someone who has gone thru this

OP
OP
L

lemonho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would dispute that especially if you take it in and the check light is on or is in the history.
Check engine light is on and I was lucky they didn’t charge me when they checked it. It’s a $99.00 charge for them to run tests.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you are paying, are there any reliable non-dealer service shops in your area that could check it instead?

Or maybe someone from here can suggest a different dealer close to you?

Sorry, I don't have a gas cap at all on my '16.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check engine light is on and I was lucky they didn’t charge me when they checked it. It’s a $99.00 charge for them to run tests.
ya sounds weird, if there is a code they should be able to find the problem, especially on a 2015, if not they have a lot of explaining to do, a squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094