TIGHTEN FUEL CAP Message - Check Engine Light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JochenWoern

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still having issues

Unfortunately, the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT came back on this morning. :-(

Guess I will have to go to the dealership, unless anyone else has any valuable input.

Thanks for the help.

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT never went off AFTER installaing the following:

- A new Gas Cap
- A new AC DELCO CANISTER PURGE SOLENOID VALVE, part #214-2149

I therefore went to the dealer, who says that the only thing left which could cause my issues is the following:

- Fuel tank pressure switch, GM Part # 16238399-31133.

Anyone else had this problem and can you possibly confirm that this is my issue?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

jshaw5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did the fuel tank pressure switch fix the problem?

05YukonXL

Reaction score
Digging up this old thread to inquire ... did the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor do the trick? I've done the fuel cap, evap canister and evap solenoid (blew out all the charcoal too), still getting check engine. Thanks.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Digging up this old thread to inquire ... did the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor do the trick? I've done the fuel cap, evap canister and evap solenoid (blew out all the charcoal too), still getting check engine. Thanks.

Did you use oem parts? Autozone/aftermarket are junk.

Give it a shot, you got nothing to loose it's the last part that can cause that code. The bad thing is that you have to drop the gas tank to get to the sensor.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

What code are you getting? You say evap solenoid. Did you do the vent valve down by the tank, the purge valve up in the engine bay, or both?

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
The first EVAP canister solenoid i replaced (AC DELCO) was bad. It happens. Easy to bench test though with 12v power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98