Tie Rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes to the part numbers. Got mine via rock auto in Oct 2016
Weird. Those are the same parts I bought from Rock Auto in the same year and mine didn’t exhibit that stiffness. If anything, my steering has always felt a bit too easy to turn just like all these seem to exhibit. I have heard of fake Moog parts from Amazon’s third party sellers though.

brasil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same part numbers... also bought them via Rockauto last year

brasil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sadly in these days you can´t not even thrust the parts sellers. fake in every box - the white ones are the worse ones

brasil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White boxes... means : No Brand name... just a part number. To identify the "Part".
Only one is for sure.... no quality at all.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too had problems with Moog problem solver in my 2001 Grand Marquis (same steering setup for the most part). They were too tight, steering sucked big time. Barely returned to center and it was not caused by lack of Caster, i replaced the power steering pump and steering gear too. I got it aligned 4x, still no change. I switched to AC Delco professional and all those problems went away. That was an expensive mistake.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell from experience that the Detroit Axle Line will not last. Mine were on less than 3yrs on my 05 Denali before they turned to junk. Idler, pitman and tie rods..>ALL JUNK! All parts were replaced during a complete front end rebuild which included all bushings, ball joints and mentioned parts. Save yourself the cost and do it right with OEM or Moog parts and be done with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011