Throwing in the towel!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think XM/Sirius radio...

maybe I'm a part of the minority, but not sure what these car makers are thinking...article below states..."General Motors expects consumers to fork over as much as $135 per month on top of their car note in the coming years just to pay for subscription features." $135/month?!?

maybe that is what the public is wanting...not me though

just feel as those GM is conditioning their buyers by having the Onstar wifi package being mandatory and that's the reason all the novelty options work...wife drove the new tahoe and in the first 5 mins she mentioned it was good to see the speed limit sign working and not just being blank all the time

I bought a SXM Lifetime subscription back in 2003 ish. A court ordered years later that the lifetime was the lifetime of the subscriber and not the vehicle. I've had in for almost 20 years on 5 vehicles including my current Yukon, no charge. Best investment I ever made for 500$ Back then!

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
I can understand a subscription for a feature that is software based, but a subscription for a feature that is a piece of hardware is just plain stupid. What's next, a subscription for power windows?
Nah, next is brakes

Imagine forgetting to renew your brake subscription and having to call India while driving down a mountain with no brakes.

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
I bought a SXM Lifetime subscription back in 2003 ish. A court ordered years later that the lifetime was the lifetime of the subscriber and not the vehicle. I've had in for almost 20 years on 5 vehicles including my current Yukon, no charge. Best investment I ever made for 500$ Back then!
First I’m jealous you got a Denali diesel, and second I’m jealous you got a hell of a deal with XM. I remember that offer years ago, I believe they were on the brink of bankruptcy and needed money asap, their stock was in the pennies range

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC