Throwing in the towel!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was surprised the base price difference in a late model 22 Z71 and an early 23 was only $500 since there were over $2k in price increases during the 2022MY production run. Will be interesting to see how 2023s are priced next spring
This is not so true for the GMC branded vehicles...they all got a minimum of $900, and in most cases $1500 increase just due to Connected Services subscription...which now lasts 3 years on the GMC models ("included" for $900-$1500).
A build of a 2023 version of my 2022 has a sticker about $6k more than what my sticker was (although it now includes Automatic Parking assist and Super Cruise).

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not so true for the GMC branded vehicles...they all got a minimum of $900, and in most cases $1500 increase just due to Connected Services subscription...which now lasts 3 years on the GMC models ("included" for $900-$1500).
A build of a 2023 version of my 2022 has a sticker about $6k more than what my sticker was (although it now includes Automatic Parking assist and Super Cruise).

now the big question is when is it going to hit Chevrolet. local dealer said they've been told GM is going to up the base price and then have a $299 mandatory option fee for onstar since GMC has taken some hits on the $1500 "option"

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now the big question is when is it going to hit Chevrolet. local dealer said they've been told GM is going to up the base price and then have a $299 mandatory option fee for onstar since GMC has taken some hits on the $1500 "option"
I don’t know why they just don’t mark up the base price and just make it “included for 3 years.” Unless there is some sort of legal issue with removing features that were included and then requiring a subscription to keep them…

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know why they just don’t mark up the base price and just make it “included for 3 years.” Unless there is some sort of legal issue with removing features that were included and then requiring a subscription to keep them…

think XM/Sirius radio...

maybe I'm a part of the minority, but not sure what these car makers are thinking...article below states..."General Motors expects consumers to fork over as much as $135 per month on top of their car note in the coming years just to pay for subscription features." $135/month?!?

maybe that is what the public is wanting...not me though

just feel as those GM is conditioning their buyers by having the Onstar wifi package being mandatory and that's the reason all the novelty options work...wife drove the new tahoe and in the first 5 mins she mentioned it was good to see the speed limit sign working and not just being blank all the time

Acey

Reaction score
Put 1k down on a new 2022 z71 Tahoe in Feb of this year and due to constraints my order has been sitting since then with no allocation. Tried another dealer and put another 1k down and have had no luck there as well. The $300 price increase for the "connected" stuff that just got added this past week is the proverbial straw; approx. 4k in MSRP increases since I first put in my order. I hope Chevy's greed is worth it when recession/depression hits and sales slow down.

Yeah, I'm salty...I was all-in on a new truck and got the matching GM card to rack up points while I waited on delivery. Guess that's not happening now and I'll just take my 100k points and buy some accessories for my dad who is still rocking his 1999 Tahoe with 185k on it!

Best of luck to everyone awaiting orders...hope your experience is/was better than mine.
I am sorry you had such a bad deal and I completely understand.

Wileybird03

Reaction score
I am in-
Kill the order and order a 23.

You never got a 22 because they killed the RSE for MY 22.

There are plenty of 23 Ultimates being built
Kill the order and order a 23.

You never got a 22 because they killed the RSE for MY 22.

There are plenty of 23 Ultimates being built.
i am supposedly in line for a 23 Denali ultimate with the 3.0L

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think XM/Sirius radio...

maybe I'm a part of the minority, but not sure what these car makers are thinking...article below states..."General Motors expects consumers to fork over as much as $135 per month on top of their car note in the coming years just to pay for subscription features." $135/month?!?

maybe that is what the public is wanting...not me though

just feel as those GM is conditioning their buyers by having the Onstar wifi package being mandatory and that's the reason all the novelty options work...wife drove the new tahoe and in the first 5 mins she mentioned it was good to see the speed limit sign working and not just being blank all the time

BMW made the Heated Seats a subscription....