Throttle lag/ resistance 2001 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am by myself so a 3rd row was never needed and I prefer the extra storage/hauling room anyway. I do love my barn doors though. Trade me and you can have the 3rd row seats and brackets for your new 2002 with 161k on it.

OP
OP
L

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol appreciate the offer but i have done way to much to let this one go. Its also one of those dear diary moments. Previous owner elder couple that used the car to drive from pa to nj to visit their kids and the car has been garage kept it whole life. Also from what i am learning from these forums just like everyone here I did a bunch of upgrades to it lol.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hopefully you don't have rust creeping in on the frame and other components. No rust on mine here in the PNW.

OP
OP
L

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got rust unfortunately but been trying to to do what i can to limit it

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Lack of rust is very important to me. I lived in and was a tech and then a service manager in KC, Mo. Right in the middle of the rust belt and i dealt with that alot. I hated it. It is sooooo nice to not have to deal with rust here.

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my 04 Burb. It would idle fine but bog off the line and then pick up again. Turned out to be bad wires that were either arcing or had increased resistance due to age and heat degradation. I replaced the wires and plugs - good as new again.

OP
OP
L

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea on the list. I looked at the maf and cleaned it and noticed my throttle body is in need of cleaning. So next free weekend is work on tahoe weekend. Going to clean the throttle, now plugs and sparks. I also have the cable throttle body so either replace the cables or clean and grease them.