throttle booster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im assuming its because there isn't a purpose in those years. the purpose of the booster is to remove the delay from you hitting the pedal and it doing anything to the throttle. the speed electrical signals can travel would otherwise be unnoticeable to someone unless an intentional delay was built in for some purpose. if said delay is not present then there would be no need to boost it. could be wrong as im going by limited knowledge on the subject.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My throttle is dang touchy on my 05 Denali...new cam doesn't hurt either!

My 01 was a different story, it definitely had a delay until it was tuned

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know why they don’t make a throttle booster for the 2005 GMC Yukon Denali?
this is a very common problem on the NBS one of the reason why I did not get one....

I have driven 3 NBS they ALL SUCKED (the brakes and throttle )..... one even went straight to the floor....

What you experience with the Throttle is "normal" from my NBS experiences...

im assuming its because there isn't a purpose in those years. the purpose of the booster is to remove the delay from you hitting the pedal and it doing anything to the throttle. the speed electrical signals can travel would otherwise be unnoticeable to someone unless an intentional delay was built in for some purpose. if said delay is not present then there would be no need to boost it. could be wrong as im going by limited knowledge on the subject.

this is a problem with the first gen e-throttle bodies.. this 1 full second lag time is normal.. This can be a problem going up hill (i.e a stop sign)

this can cause you to roll back and stall out.... I always had to RUN stop signs on up hills or risk stalling out.. or press the brake and accelerator at the same time i.e revving the engine while at the stop sign.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts