Throttle Body Relearn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, saw that. It's about $150 in difference. Figured with the weird issues I'm having, didn't want to take the chance of introducing something else with what might not be OEM. I learned the hard way when I swapped in an OBDII fuel injected engine into my old Jeep and tried to save some dough by not going the OEM route.

If someone posted where Hitachi is officially the OEM for this model + year, then I'd much rather give it a try.
found the proof you wanted right on the Hitachi website, I believe GM and Hitachi have a long history of working together

Hitachi Automotive Systems Chonburi Ltd.​

Hitachi Automotive Systems Chonburi, Ltd. was established on 20th December 1994 as a joint venture company between Hitachi, Ltd. and Siam Auto Parts Co., Ltd. Our businesses include the manufacturing of high quality automotive parts with advanced technology from Japan. We also provide products to both domestic and international companies such as Isuzu, Nissan and General Motors. The high quality products we provide include the Electric Throttle Body, Alternator, Starter and Vacuum Pump. We aim to create value through the development of raw material technology such as die casting.

OP
OP
Neuner

Neuner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
found the proof you wanted right on the Hitachi website, I believe GM and Hitachi have a long history of working together

Thanks for that. If that is the case then how is ACDelco also claiming to be the manuf?

Since the TPS Pedal Assembly and TB appear to be related and talk to each other or both to the ECM about what is going on, then I'd lean towards them both needing to be of the same manuf to eliminate potential issues.

If they really are different, I'm wondering if that is what's causing everyone's p2127 that I find.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. If that is the case then how is ACDelco also claiming to be the manuf?

Since the TPS Pedal Assembly and TB appear to be related and talk to each other or both to the ECM about what is going on, then I'd lean towards them both needing to be of the same manuf to eliminate potential issues.

If they really are different, I'm wondering if that is what's causing everyone's p2127 that I find.
acdelco is a "licensed" brand, often made by someone else. you might be surprised how many "brands" come out of the same machine.
that is not to say that it is the case always but if you do a little digging/research you discover whats under the wrapper for everything made.
sometimes what happens is they just change the outer die with the name stamped on it for "licensing" or name branding and then turn around make there own brand name die.
or one brand name may require "tighter tolerance" which slows the machine down so it cost's more to produce
I sell on ebay for a living and have since ebay started in the late 90's, I sell pretty much anything I can get my hands on for a good price, sometimes the things I get do not work or need repairs, in trying to "locate" parts or ways to fix these random things I often find that the product label is just a label and who actually made the product is someone else.
without doing a deep dive into this another thing that happens is companys buy other companys and change the name or assume production under a new name this happens a lot
and some companys make the same product with different names or outside appearance so they gain a larger market share, one product 'name" or "brand" may be a big hit and they make lots of money on it and may even charge more because of it, yet still have the market for the cheaper no-name brand but they are the same dang thing.......underneath.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MORE.
General Motors Honors Hitachi Automotive Systems Group as Corporation of the Year
PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC, April 3, 2004 - General Motors Corp. named Hitachi Automotive Systems Group as its Corporation of the Year at the 12th annual Supplier of the Year celebration held Saturday in Prague. In addition to being named the 2003 Corporation of the Year, the company was recognized as a GM Supplier of the Year.
"In 2003, Hitachi Automotive Systems Groups developed an electronic throttle body with GM that is considered a benchmark within the industry. The product has 15 percent less mass, twice the durability as the original, and 20 percent lower cost. This kind of performance from Hitachi is helping GM be the best right now," said Bo Andersson, vice president of Worldwide Purchasing, Production Control & Logistics. "The company’s commitment to quality and cost savings performance and innovation in 2003 make it our Corporation of the Year winner."
Hitachi Automotive Systems Group is among 77 suppliers representing the global automotive community that were honored at this year’s celebration. It supplies GM facilities around the world with several products including starters and generators, mass air flow sensors and water pumps.
"We are deeply honored to be selected GM’s Corporation of the Year. This award holds special meaning to the employees of Hitachi Automotive," said Taiji Hasegawa , CEO of Hitachi Automotive Systems Group. "Technological innovation and leadership are important to Hitachi Automotive. As a supplier, our success directly impacts the ability of GM to deliver high-quality, desirable vehicles to consumers throughout the world."
The GM Supplier of the Year program began in 1992 and each year, a global team of purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and logistics executives determines the winners. Its decisions are based on supplier performance in the areas of quality, service, technology and price.
General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM), the world’s largest vehicle manufacturer, employs about 325,000 people globally. Founded in 1908, GM has been the global automotive sales leader since 1931. GM today has manufacturing operations in 32 countries and its vehicles are sold in 192 countries. In 2003, GM sold nearly 8.6 million cars and trucks, about 15 percent of the global vehicle market. GM’s global headquarters are at the GM Renaissance Center in Detroit. More information on GM and its products can be found on the company’s corporate website at

OP
OP
Neuner

Neuner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This really sucks. Picked up the replacement and installed. Idled at the typical RPMs but ran extremely rough and threw different codes triggering limp mode, stabilize and traction lights, etc.

Ran 3 minutes, waited 1 min and then retried with the same effect. Stopped the relearn process before it tore up the flailing engine.

I'm pissed. Going to return it and try the Hitachi model.

This ACDelco replacement had scratches and prints on the butterfly. Even though they say new, I think they just keep regurgitating the same crap over and over again.

OP
OP
Neuner

Neuner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Put the Old Original back in and now it's acting up for even that one.

Got the Hitachi and it does not have the GM stamp on it like the others but it looks much nicer and was packaged much better.

Even after sitting over the weekend with the battery unplugged (which also allowed a thief to enter my vehicle), it's doing the same thing with the Hitachi as with the others. Did the 3-1-3-1-3 run/stop

I'm assuming I need a hard Throttle Reset with a Tech 2.

It now has a weird sequence. Start it up and idles fine at ~700 rpm. Put it in drive and its okay. Just tap the gas and it takes off and will easily get you up to 25mph going up hill. Put in neutral or park and it idles at 3k and never goes back to normal. Shut it off, and start again, it's back to ~700 rpm.

Wish I never owned this vehicle. It's been a constant headache with the cracked dash, paint peeling, door handles busting, and leaking radiator.

Will the Tech2 clones work with a '98 Jeep Chrysler 4.0 PCM as well? Would be nice as that is what I swapped into my '84 CJ7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt