Throttle Body Relearn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OEM Throttle body is a Hitachi.. So if you bought a reman or another brand that is
probably the case...
Also: why did you replace it to begin with????
It was a link in the chain of some throttle position errors he was trying to solve.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why did you replace it and do you have the old one?

Here's photos of the OEM that was on my vehicle and a pic of the new ACDelco. Where does it say Hitachi is OEM?

View attachment 391861

View attachment 391860

Both have the GM stamp, same model # and QR Code.
Hitachi makes them for GM, may or may not be visibly stamped Hitachi
usually you can pick up a Hitachi boxed one for a few bucks less than oem and still have the same product

OP
OP
Neuner

Neuner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hitachi makes them for GM, may or may not be visibly stamped Hitachi
usually you can pick up a Hitachi boxed one for a few bucks less than oem and still have the same product
Oh yeah, saw that. It's about $150 in difference. Figured with the weird issues I'm having, didn't want to take the chance of introducing something else with what might not be OEM. I learned the hard way when I swapped in an OBDII fuel injected engine into my old Jeep and tried to save some dough by not going the OEM route.

If someone posted where Hitachi is officially the OEM for this model + year, then I'd much rather give it a try.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, saw that. It's about $150 in difference. Figured with the weird issues I'm having, didn't want to take the chance of introducing something else with what might not be OEM. I learned the hard way when I swapped in an OBDII fuel injected engine into my old Jeep and tried to save some dough by not going the OEM route.

If someone posted where Hitachi is officially the OEM for this model + year, then I'd much rather give it a try.
Usually not that much of a price difference, normally from legit sources you might see $20-30 less for a Hitachi. I don't have "proof" showing they are made by Hitachi but many other forums say the same and there are various other gm model vehicle throttle bodys that are stamped Hitachi corvettes Camero trailblazer etc, depends on the year.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had that issue when I replaced mine. I had to take it to the shop to get a forced re-learn. $80 bucks at Pep Boys before they went to sh*t.

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced many at my old shop and only way that would relearn idle is hook scan tool up and take the 10 seconds to click idle reset and done

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Maybe someone with a TECH2 lives close to you...

houstontaylor

Reaction score
I replaced the throttle body on my 330,000 mile 2003 Tahoe with a Hitachi aftermarket one and it went bad after only a few months. The original problem was a rough idle but when the Hitachi went bad it would hardly even drive. I paid the extra money to get an OEM throttle body and so far so good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts