Throttle body help (solved)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my throttle body/TPS story.
FWIW, videos on the internet show taking the throttle body off entirely, cleaning it, replacing the sensor, and putting the assembly back on. You have to be really careful ordering the right throttle body or sensor.

Also, my old throttle body and sensor are still on our '04 Escalade ESV, and I have not had another P2135 code (knocking on simulated wood).

Gearz

Reaction score
When fly by wire came out on gas engines GM sent out technical bulletins not to try and work on the throttle body with the key in run because it could cut off your finger s if you tried to open it to clean it. This always stuck in my mind when working on that part of the engine. The TB motors are extremely strong

OP
OP
P

pauly1119

Reaction score
Here's my throttle body/TPS story.
FWIW, videos on the internet show taking the throttle body off entirely, cleaning it, replacing the sensor, and putting the assembly back on. You have to be really careful ordering the right throttle body or sensor.

Also, my old throttle body and sensor are still on our '04 Escalade ESV, and I have not had another P2135 code (knocking on simulated wood).
Sound like you had a much harder experience. I guess I got lucky. The throttle body for mine from what I read was only used 2 years. Another plus besides how great it is running is I used less gas then I normally use for my commute to work. My sensor must have had a crack I couldn’t see but fell apart when I removed it. It’s kinda made of a hardened plastic that gets brittle over time. For mine 22 years.

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I just posted in the other thread, it failed several times today in heavy Sarasota, FL traffic, and went into limp home mode. Since I'm familiar with this idiotic GM "feature", I drove in the "curb lane" and pulled off the road each time it happened. We've never been so happy to get home. In 60-some years of driving, I've never had a throttle fail because the wire broke, and I'm totally in favor of returning to that ancient technology. Same with our several boat.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Get rid of what you got and get a 2002 or older rig for the cable operated throttle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094