Thoughts on towing set-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Looks like it slightly pivots when turning.

Also appears that you have to manually lock it in with 2 pins when you're wanting to back up

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's crazy . What were they thinking with that set-up ? Set a WD up correctly and don't look back (haha)

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's crazy . What were they thinking with that set-up ? Set a WD up correctly and don't look back (haha)

The thing is, I don't think that even with a WDH they would have been with in the capabilities of the towing vehicle. When I saw first saw the trailer from behind I expected to see a 1-ton truck pulling it, not a 1/2 ton SUV with at the most 8100 lb towing capacity. I have seen a lot of scary hook-ups, but this one is at, or near, the top. Just because they can pull the trailer without the frame sitting on the axle, I would hate to be in the vehicle if they needed to stop in an emergency even with the trailer brakes. The chances of the thing putting you into the ditch or worse are too high.