Thoughts on the Bridgestone Dueler AT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lrdchaos

Reaction score
Found a set of denali 7 spoke take offs with the Dueler at instead of the hl in 285/45R22. Anyone have the ATs, how do they compare to the HL?

AZ Rat

Reaction score
Found a set of denali 7 spoke take offs with the Dueler at instead of the hl in 285/45R22. Anyone have the ATs, how do they compare to the HL?

I had Bridgestone dueler AT years back on my Grand Cherokee and I lost 50% of tread after only 19k mikes. In my opinion, they suck. BFG AT have lasted me forever! WELL worth the extra cost!!!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Bridgestone dueler AT years back on my Grand Cherokee and I lost 50% of tread after only 19k mikes. In my opinion, they suck. BFG AT have lasted me forever! WELL worth the extra cost!!!

Not to completely hi-jack this thread, but which model BFG and how long did they last? I'm running KO2s.

GoCardz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These are what came on my 2016 Denali and, while they are “Ok” on dry roads, they aren’t good in the snow at all. I have 35,*** miles on mine with about 45-50% tread left and in about .25” of snow I slid past my house by 100’ or so 2 days ago - ABS kicking the whole time. I’ve been considering dumping these for Michelin Defenders for a while now, but didnt want to get rid of tires with so much tread left. Needless to say, I ordered the Michelins today and will be Happily dumping the Duelers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are what came on my 2016 Denali and, while they are “Ok” on dry roads, they aren’t good in the snow at all. I have 35,*** miles on mine with about 45-50% tread left and in about .25” of snow I slid past my house by 100’ or so 2 days ago - ABS kicking the whole time. I’ve been considering dumping these for Michelin Defenders for a while now, but didnt want to get rid of tires with so much tread left. Needless to say, I ordered the Michelins today and will be Happily dumping the Duelers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone will happily buy your old tires which will offset the cost of the new ones. I'm considering doing this with mine, they are about half life, I could probably sell them for $300-400 and put new ones on. Sold my last set for $275 I think and they were just under half life.

GoCardz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Someone will happily buy your old tires which will offset the cost of the new ones. I'm considering doing this with mine, they are about half life, I could probably sell them for $300-400 and put new ones on. Sold my last set for $275 I think and they were just under half life.

I would need to find someone local - I really don’t want to go through the hassle of shipping them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while i think bridgestone sells a decent tire usually your paying more for the name than quality. id also make the same comment for bfg's. i would say mastercraft axt for a good all purpose tire. the only real brand thats been around for a while that i wont touch with a 10' pole is goodyear. im not sure firestone still makes a tire but id rather wrap duct tape around my rim and use that but. but anyway mastercraft or coopers all the way.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
while i think bridgestone sells a decent tire usually your paying more for the name than quality. id also make the same comment for bfg's. i would say mastercraft axt for a good all purpose tire. the only real brand thats been around for a while that i wont touch with a 10' pole is goodyear. im not sure firestone still makes a tire but id rather wrap duct tape around my rim and use that but. but anyway mastercraft or coopers all the way.
2 really good tires. Had Mastercraft on my 1st Express van and they were great, and I had Cooper HT's on my Tahoe before lowering it. I loved the look and the handling. All around a good tire.

Reaction score
I hate the Bridgestone Dueler HL's that are on my Denali. Hydroplane to easily in heavy rain. Not sure how old or how many miles are on them, but they still have a lot of tread left.

I had the Dueler AT's on my '01 when I first got it for about 40k miles, then went with the Firestone Destination AT's and like them a whole lot better. Got about 40-50k out of them and I just put a second set on this time last year. My '01 SLT has 195k on it and I bought it from my father-in-law in '07 with 65k on it and he had just put the Dueler AT's on a few months before I bought it.

I'd like to change out the HL's for some AT's on the Denali

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartman