Thoughts on price protection situation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Put in my original order in back in September with msrp being 80895. The dealer did not use my original order number to get mine accepted but gave me a new order number and the msrp is 82885 and doesn't have the advance tech package on my VIN which was on the og order.

Thoughts on having a leg to stand on to get the original price of my first order placed? Or will it be an uphill battle due to them using a new order number to have it placed?

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my thoughts.

you'll be lucky if you only have to pay $82,885 (if they are selling at sticker)

the ship has sailed on the previous order and unless you have an above average relationship with the dealer, you'll probably get the..."someone else will buy it if you don't want it"

since the fall there has been over $2k in price increases....go online and build your initial order and see what the new MSRP looks like

haven't seen anyone come on here and say they were successful in negotiating the price down to their original ordered MSRP claiming price protection. If there is one, it's one. My guess is most are willing to take what they can get right now and hope that the dealer doesn't pull a market adjustment or add-on package when they go to pick it up.

OP
OP
BrokerThis

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
I receive employee pricing due to family working 20+ years at gm. Im from metro detroit where employee pricing is advertised on almost all prices from the start at the dealers for every make/model.

I am thankful they got me the order, but thats about it. The other dealer (that was a volume dealer) i placed one with a month before these guys still didn't get me allocation, which I would have preferred doing business with. I wouldn't suggest the dealer I will be buying from to anybody for future business.

OP
OP
BrokerThis

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Follow up
As suspected, they will not be honoring my original order price, due to them using a different order number to get mine accepted for produced. They said they would check on price adjuatedments from the time accepted til windowsticker and should be able to adjust that though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne