Those with LS. Do You Regret Not Getting LT or Premier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Max tow package is not available with the Midnight LS?
I tried ordering any way I could to get the 3:42 rear. Everything is fine until you try to add the Custom Midnight package, it will remove any option that contains the 3:42 and force you into the 3:08. You can get an LS Custom with the tow package and 3:42 no problem but for some reason if you add the Midnight package it won't allow you to order that configuration. It's the only thing I don't like about my vehicle.

chartersj

Reaction score
We have an sle with the value package. For the price of going up to the next trim level we do not regret the lower trim at all. Plus, those who have problems all seem to have the higher trim levels with the larger motor and more electronics. We plan on keeping ours a long time so that was a big factor for me. Only things I would like to have is a heated steering wheel and the 3.42 gear ratio, but we do not tow with it so thats not a big issue for us.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two regrets on my 2017 LS. The stupid LED DRLs are only on at night and the nightmare I have been going through with fogs and HID upgrade. The 2019 resolved the LED DRL issue now that the brighter "LTZ" DRLs are factory on all trim models. I should have ordered it with fog lights. I tried to go after-market and I'm disappointed with my results. Granted I made a purchase from Vanquish which you should NEVER do and I lacked the time to get the fogs installed properly with a dash switch. Also I went to an installer for my HID upgrades. As good as he was, he had no experience with cars that have low voltage DRLs etc. He does a lot of work on Jeeps. So mostly self inflicted wounds at this point except for GM's DRL b.s.

OP
OP
B

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the lshave manual tilt and telescoping wheel or none at all? I see lt has power both.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two regrets on my 2017 LS. The stupid LED DRLs are only on at night and the nightmare I have been going through with fogs and HID upgrade. The 2019 resolved the LED DRL issue now that the brighter "LTZ" DRLs are factory on all trim models. I should have ordered it with fog lights. I tried to go after-market and I'm disappointed with my results. Granted I made a purchase from Vanquish which you should NEVER do and I lacked the time to get the fogs installed properly with a dash switch. Also I went to an installer for my HID upgrades. As good as he was, he had no experience with cars that have low voltage DRLs etc. He does a lot of work on Jeeps. So mostly self inflicted wounds at this point except for GM's DRL b.s.
What exactly is the low voltage DRL issue? I’ve installed fogs into 2 now (2015 LS and 2017 LT) and didn’t notice any issues

GMAccessoryGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just traded in my 2017 GMC Sierra SLT All Terrain that basically had every option and just picked up a 2019 LS Midnight Custom. The only features I think I miss so far are the fog lights which can be added and the sound quality in the audio system. I am sure I will miss the heated seats/steering wheel in the winter but actually like the cloth seats

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just traded my 2017 LS for a 2019 LT with no options. Can’t say I was unhappy with the LS. Just got a very good deal on the LT that was too good to pass up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne