Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTPace500

Reaction score
So, I'm just over 1 month in and my order hasn't been accepted by GMC yet. I'm not complaining just updating.
LOL. I'm over 8 months in - on my second order. I canceled my Tahoe order after I was 1 year in because someone on this Forum suggested a different dealership (with GMC) when his build took 3 months. I can't understand the hold up since I only got ACC and sunroof with no other package on a Denali.

Last edited:

TXNJ

Reaction score
Apologies for length, but I feel like more detail is better. I found this forum very helpful when it came to understanding the ordering process, the delivery experiences of members and any tips or updates that helped make me feel like I wasn't on an island and there were others going through the same frustrations with no more knowledge than I had.

I ordered a Denali from a local dealer here in Dallas at the end of May 2022. This dealer is very well known in the area and has a reputation for not messing customers around or making the purchase process any more painful than it already is. Pricing is always transparent and during the pandemic they did not charge anything over MSRP and required no deposits to place an order. Those two items, as it turns out, are both hugely positive and also a negative. You were able to order what you wanted, and knew what the price would be and that it would be MSRP. The problem was that the lack of deposits and favorable pricing led to them having a wait list longer than was really manageable.

The Denali I ordered did not have many options (in hopes of keeping the price down and the chances of ordering a constrained item lower.) Sunroof and Max Tow were all I added. Originally I was told 4-6 months. Max Tow, as it turns out, was a constrained item that really saw not a lot of fulfillment, even when it was shortly lifted. The Denali was not the ultimate car I wanted. My preferred vehicle was the AT4, but with the 6.2L. Through several discussions with the dealer I learned that this was a unicorn and despite being "offered" by GM, they really weren't expected to be available anytime soon and that the Denali was my best option for getting something with the 6.2L in the next 12 months.

I had a good amount of back and forth with the dealer, and the estimated delivery time just kept moving back without anything that really provided any more clarity. It was just a case of too many people ahead of me on the list and me having a constrained item. So the 4-6 months became 6-8 and then 9-12 and then most recently it was looking like something in the 12-15 month range, and honestly, even that felt soft. For context I would check with a good friend of mine who had an order in for a Denali that was much more loaded than mine. He put his order in 3 months earlier than mine, and his timing had slipped multiple times (and he's currently still waiting and being told it is now looking like late summer, which would put him at 18 months).

As a means of checking the overall supply (and as suggested by more than one person on this forum) I would use the GMC inventory search feature. Last Tuesday I did my weekly search and the results showed about 5 AT4s with the 6.2L. I reached out to each of the dealers, fully expecting these to all be pre-sold, and in most cases they were. The ones that were not were asking for market adjustments of anywhere from $2k up to $5K. Finally, I found one located at a dealer about 70 miles away that was not pre-sold and there was no market adjustment. Just MSRP. I was stunned to be honest.

So after some very quick back and forth, providing some documents to show I was serious, and agreeing to finance with GM Financial through them, my name was on the vehicle. Two days later, I bought it. In the end, I spent about the same amount of money on the AT4 as the Denali would have cost me, but I got some options on the AT4 I had not wanted on the Denali (power running boards, RSE). I was not going to pass on this vehicle over those options, so I just kept moving ahead.

Before I pulled the trigger I reached out to my dealer one last time to see if things had improved. My logic was that if my ordered Denali was going to make it to me in the next 4-6 weeks, I would just stick with that order. But the dealer told me that they still had no idea when my order would be picked up because of the number of people ahead of me still on the list and the max tow constraint and the number of allocations just not eating up as much of their wait list as they expected. I also checked with my friend with the older Denali order and that's when he told me about the late summer updated timeline. Those two data points were all I needed to feel good about moving forward with the AT4 and canceling the Denali order.

1 week, 600 miles and one spring break road trip to Austin later and I'm really glad I did not hold out for the Denali.

So for me it was just dumb luck that I checked the inventory site on a day that a lot of vehicles were posted by GM (but weren't at dealers yet). Several of the dealers I spoke with actually had available yukons as a result of shipments they just received. Of these dealers, I would say about half were looking for some kind of market adjustment for these unspoken for yukons. One dealer I was working with agreed to take the market adjustment down from $5K to 1.5K. I passed, but felt like that wouldn't have been possible 6 months ago. Also, the dealer I purchased the AT4 from said that they have been selling less cars in the past 2 months than at any point during the pandemic because of the impact of rising interest rates. So maybe the tides are turning in that regard and supply will increase and this thread will be populated less and less with people talking about their most recent slippage in timeline and more posts like mine, with someone stumbling into an available yukon that meets their needs.

Again, apologies for the length, but hopefully someone finds this helpful

Last edited:

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apologies for length, but I feel like more detail is better. I found this forum very helpful when it came to understanding the ordering process, the delivery experiences of members and any tips or updates that helped make me feel like I wasn't on an island and there were others going through the same frustrations with no more knowledge than I had.

I ordered a Denali from a local dealer here in Dallas at the end of May 2022. This dealer is very well known in the area and has a reputation for not messing customers around or making the purchase process any more painful than it already is. Pricing is always transparent and during the pandemic they did not charge anything over MSRP and required no deposits to place an order. Those two items, as it turns out, are both hugely positive and also a negative. You were able to order what you wanted, and knew what the price would be and that it would be MSRP. The problem was that the lack of deposits and favorable pricing led to them having a wait list longer than was really manageable.

The Denali I ordered did not have many options (in hopes of keeping the price down and the chances of ordering a constrained item lower.) Sunroof and Max Tow were all I added. Originally I was told 4-6 months. Max Tow, as it turns out, was a constrained item that really saw not a lot of fulfillment, even when it was shortly lifted. The Denali was not the ultimate car I wanted. My preferred vehicle was the AT4, but with the 6.2L. Through several discussions with the dealer I learned that this was a unicorn and despite being "offered" by GM, they really weren't expected to be available anytime soon and that the Denali was my best option for getting something with the 6.2L in the next 12 months.

I had a good amount of back and forth with the dealer, and the estimated delivery time just kept moving back without anything that really provided any more clarity. It was just a case of too many people ahead of me on the list and me having a constrained item. So the 4-6 months became 6-8 and then 9-12 and then most recently it was looking like something in the 12-15 month range, and honestly, even that felt soft. For context I would check with a good friend of mine who had an order in for a Denali that was much more loaded than mine. He put his order in 3 months earlier than mine, and his timing had slipped multiple times (and he's currently still waiting and being told it is now looking like late summer, which would put him at 18 months).

As a means of checking the overall supply (and as suggested by more than one person on this forum) I would use the GMC inventory search feature. Last Tuesday I did my weekly search and the results showed about 5 AT4s with the 6.2L. I reached out to each of the dealers, fully expecting these to all be pre-sold, and in most cases they were. The ones that were not were asking for market adjustments of anywhere from $2k up to $5K. Finally, I found one located at a dealer about 70 miles away that was not pre-sold and there was no market adjustment. Just MSRP. I was stunned to be honest.

So after some very quick back and forth, providing some documents to show I was serious, and agreeing to finance with GM Financial through them, my name was on the vehicle. Two days later, I bought it. In the end, I spent about the same amount of money on the AT4 as the Denali would have cost me, but I got some options on the AT4 I had not wanted on the Denali (power running boards, RSE). I was not going to pass on this vehicle over those options, so I just kept moving ahead.

Before I pulled the trigger I reached out to my dealer one last time to see if things had improved. My logic was that if my ordered Denali was going to make it to me in the next 4-6 weeks, I would just stick with that order. But the dealer told me that they still had no idea when my order would be picked up because of the number of people ahead of me still on the list and the max tow constraint and the number of allocations just not eating up as much of their wait list as they expected. I also checked with my friend with the older Denali order and that's when he told me about the late summer updated timeline. Those two data points were all I needed to feel good about moving forward with the AT4 and canceling the Denali order.

1 week, 600 miles and one spring break road trip to Austin later and I'm really glad I did not hold out for the Denali.

So for me it was just dumb luck that I checked the inventory site on a day that a lot of vehicles were posted by GM (but weren't at dealers yet). Several of the dealers I spoke with actually had available yukons as a result of shipments they just received. Of these dealers, I would say about half were looking for some kind of market adjustment for these unspoken for yukons. One dealer I was working with agreed to take the market adjustment down from $5K to 1.5K. I passed, but felt like that wouldn't have been possible 6 months ago. Also, the dealer I purchased the AT4 from said that they have been selling less cars in the past 2 months than at any point during the pandemic because of the impact of rising interest rates. So maybe the tides are turning in that regard and supply will increase and this thread will be populated less and less with people talking about their most recent slippage in timeline and more posts like mine, with someone stumbling into an available yukon that meets their needs.

Again, apologies for the length, but hopefully someone finds this helpful
I have nearly the same story - just different dealer. It really does pay off to keep an eye on the Chevy/GMC inventory site.

duckknot

Reaction score
Apparently the max tow must be off constraint, because we got a call Friday that our order FINALLY got picked up, almost 13 months to the day after ordering! Waiting for a production week. A vin and all that jazz but sales guy confirmed we got all packages and upgrades we wanted, and confirmed the color had been changed!

We're both a little too wary of how long it's taken to get excited yet! Lol

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently the max tow must be off constraint, because we got a call Friday that our order FINALLY got picked up, almost 13 months to the day after ordering! Waiting for a production week. A vin and all that jazz but sales guy confirmed we got all packages and upgrades we wanted, and confirmed the color had been changed!

Awesome! That didn’t take long (waiting for max tow to become available again). From everything I’ve seen in the past few months, once your order is accepted the process seems to move along pretty quickly. Hopefully you have your rig by ~May timeframe.

FostyPine23

Reaction score

Did you originally order a '22?

duckknot

Reaction score
Awesome! That didn’t take long (waiting for max tow to become available again). From everything I’ve seen in the past few months, once your order is accepted the process seems to move along pretty quickly. Hopefully you have your rig by ~May timeframe.
Yea, I was pretty shocked to get the call on Friday.....we both talked about how we aren't really that excited yet because we aren't convinced it'll actually ever be built :rofl:
Did you originally order a '22?
Sure did, ordered February of 2022 then got switched to a '23 last July.

bmase2007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm officially done

Ordered a Yukon May 2022 (got changed to a 2023). Was told 6-9 months. Still hasn't been picked up by GM. Price increased from 67k to 73k.
SLT, 5.3L, 4WD, Luxury package, max tow, 2nd row bench.
I've been searching on GMC.com since November and even inquiring about AT4s (up to 80k). Probably 20-25 dealerships. Everything is either presold, or the dealer is asking 5-10k over MSRP.
The GM Chatbot told be the order has been delayed because the dealer keeps making "edits" which keep pushing it back. Not sure if that's from incompetence, or they're intentionally pushing mine back to sell more Denalis. They told me in December/January I was #15 on the list (whatever that means), and I've seen twice that many cars go through that lot.

With the crazy prices on the used 2021+ Yukons (I've been seeing them going for $70k with 20k miles when the original sticker was $65k) plus the chip shortages on the 22s, I opted for a loaded 2020 Lincoln Navigator that I got for 5k less than my Yukon order; hopefully it works out.

Punteh

Reaction score
I'm officially done

Ordered a Yukon May 2022 (got changed to a 2023). Was told 6-9 months. Still hasn't been picked up by GM. Price increased from 67k to 73k.
SLT, 5.3L, 4WD, Luxury package, max tow, 2nd row bench.
I've been searching on GMC.com since November and even inquiring about AT4s (up to 80k). Probably 20-25 dealerships. Everything is either presold, or the dealer is asking 5-10k over MSRP.
The GM Chatbot told be the order has been delayed because the dealer keeps making "edits" which keep pushing it back. Not sure if that's from incompetence, or they're intentionally pushing mine back to sell more Denalis. They told me in December/January I was #15 on the list (whatever that means), and I've seen twice that many cars go through that lot.

With the crazy prices on the used 2021+ Yukons (I've been seeing them going for $70k with 20k miles when the original sticker was $65k) plus the chip shortages on the 22s, I opted for a loaded 2020 Lincoln Navigator that I got for 5k less than my Yukon order; hopefully it works out.

Totally understand the frustration. Until a couple of weeks ago when I found out my Yukon was finally built I considered every option from trying to find an available one, finding a used one, going with a different brand, or scrapping the idea in general and sticking with what I have now. It does sound like you're getting jerked around by the dealer because of it being an SLT which is total bs. The whole industry doesn't seem to care at all about the customer. Hopefully you're new to you vehicle works out for you

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally ordered a 22 Denali in November of 2021. It turned into a 23, then told last November by the Dealer there was no ETA on when it would be built. I walked away and went out and bought a Lexus LX600. Also had issues getting pickups for the business since 2021. I had to buy from Ford and Ram due to lack of supply from GM.
For my business, I buy around 75-100 pickups a year, and prior to 2021, had always bought GMC's. There are very few GMC's left in the fleet today. The field folks are not fond of what I have been buying, and they have mentioned how they missed the old trucks. Truth is, had to buy what we could get out hands on, we usually turn a truck over every 3, maybe 4 years. I usually buy the wife a new Denali every other year. She is driving the Lexus, or "The box" as she calls it.
This morning I receive a call from the GMC Dealer I used to deal with. I guess not getting any orders for 2 years made them miss me lol. Apparently the old Fleet Sales guy was no longer with them, and they would like rekindle the business relationship.
Knowing how much my wife hates the Lexus, I asked about the Yukon I had ordered. They said it was cancelled, but they could get one now in 6-7 weeks. I was leaning towards the Ultimate, until I remember the wife commenting on the color of the leather, she is not a fan of it. I ordered her a Denali, told them they had 8 weeks to deliver it, then we would talk about trucks for 24. I can tell she doesn't like the Lexus, she mentions how she misses her Yukon. This is the first time in 15 plus years she has not had a Yukon in the garage. I was thinking of waiting for a 24, but with all the new electronics, I will wait a year and let everyone else work the bugs out for the 25's.
If anyone wants to know, the only constraint was the GM All Weather Floor Mats. Now to see if actually shows up.