This is driving me crazy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for as much as that arm rest will cost you, you can get a complete used door panel at your junk yard or ebay or lkq

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have search high and low all over the internet and maybe I’m just not good at wording things but I’m looking for some kind of fix for the interior door grab handle. Not the Oh S*** handle above and not the handle to open the door the one right behind the window and door lock controls. Over time from grabbing it to shut the door it’s falling off.

Has anyone came up with a fix for this instead of replacement? Much appreciated folks
On my old door panels I put a quarter inch bolts and nuts through the front part into the door panel and it was there for years until I swapped panels but you can actually Unbolt the armrest from the back of the door panel with like four or five 7mm Bolts. Here in Arizona it’s hard to find an armrest that’s worth a damn they all start peling up

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have search high and low all over the internet and maybe I’m just not good at wording things but I’m looking for some kind of fix for the interior door grab handle. Not the Oh S*** handle above and not the handle to open the door the one right behind the window and door lock controls. Over time from grabbing it to shut the door it’s falling off.

Has anyone came up with a fix for this instead of replacement? Much appreciated folks
The best place that I have found them is on offer up anywhere from $20-$60 if you can’t find one let me know what color you need and what year because 99 through 02 and 03 through six are different. 99 through to the window and door locks which is pops off the door panel from the front 03 through six have to pull the door panel off and unplug that little switch panel from the bottom side. I learned that the hard way and broke a panel In an armrest trying to pull the switch is off from the outside. My dad owns a repair shop here And him and my brother run it. Do you do a lot of work on that body style ship with all the work trucks they do and believe it or not When I was talking to both of them about the way the door panel comes off they had no idea even because they haven’t had to take any off from a 03-06 not even to change a single window regulator yet. 99-02 yes. If you need more help just shoot me a message

steve45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife is the one slamming the doors even the bottom half of the panel has come off the door I’m just waiting for it to fall off one day.
Yea, my wife slams the doors. I used to tell her that it's not a Ford and she doesn't have to slam the doors, but I finally just gave up. She cracked the window frame on a Jeep Wagoner that we used to have by slamming it.

She bent the inside door handle of one of our Suburbans because she wouldn't push on the door to open it. She thought that if she pulled the handle hard enough, it should open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu