Third brake light positive wire color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
16 Tahoe. I need to locate the positive feed wire so I can add a blinking/strobe device inline. I really don’t want to remove the device fir access, I am hoping to splice the wire inside the head liner below. Anyone with wiring schematics or already modded this?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No please don’t put one of those obnoxious devices on there. Have you ever been stuck behind someone with one of those in stop and go traffic? They’re the most annoying thing you can do to other drivers. God I hate those damn things.

OP
OP
RST Dana

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No please don’t put one of those obnoxious devices on there. Have you ever been stuck behind someone with one of those in stop and go traffic? They’re the most annoying thing you can do to other drivers. God I hate those damn things.
The one I have has a safeguard to prevent it from repeated events until a matter of seconds. Besides, we don’t have that kind of traffic where I travel.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one I have has a safeguard to prevent it from repeated events until a matter of seconds. Besides, we don’t have that kind of traffic where I travel.
Still hate those stupid things. Oh well glad you’re not in my city. I tell you what I do if I get behind someone with one of those- I do ANYTHING to get in front of them. And I’m not worried about being courteous when I do. :cool:

OP
OP
RST Dana

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still hate those stupid things. Oh well glad you’re not in my city. I tell you what I do if I get behind someone with one of those- I do ANYTHING to get in front of them. And I’m not worried about being courteous when I do. :cool:
I know you have more ponies to use than myself. Lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there should be only 2 wires, poke one with a probe, or look at the upfitter guide it should have them identified in the schematic

OP
OP
RST Dana

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Problem
there should be only 2 wires, poke one with a probe, or look at the upfitter guide it should have them identified in the schematic
The problem is I see a large group of wires above the headliner as it goes into the rubber conduit going to the hatch. It could have brake light, rear wiper, and rear defrost wires. CMatt is checking on it for me.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it may be easier if you can find one local in a junkyard and pull the panel off the hatch an see what wires go the light, then find them on inside. ( or your own to see)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore

Latest posts