Thinking of Buying a 07-14 NNBS Tahoe/Suburban? Look Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just read the whole thread, thanks.

Anyone have a transmission fail?

Do most flush fluids at 100k?

i'm looking at a 5.3. do some come with a 6.0 or 6.2?

thanks.

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Transmission failures are not unheard of. I know of a few 4 and 6 speed transmissions that failed and required rebuilding/replacing.

For a 6.2 you would be looking at the Escalade or Denali. The 6.0 can be found in a Tahoe, but is not the most common and would generally command a premium for that reason. If I were to step back down to a Tahoe or a 1500 Suburban, I would probably be content running a 5.3.

A new thread, might get you more visibility and thus more responses.

Elite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
great, thanks for the reply. I did buy a '12 tahoe lt, clean, 1 owner, and got all the service records from the shop. Got a good deal, so would be up even after a major repair. Exiting an expedition with 175k, hoping for a great experience with this Tahoe.

nath

Reaction score
Well Good luck Elite, I have had My O7 Tahoe since 2011.. I was the 2nd owner and it only had 24k on the odometer when I bought it, now it only has 87k and the 4WD and Service Traction Control lights have been giving me fits as well as it not going into 4WD. It has not affected the overall drive ability so I have just been driving it. Although it seems all is going wrong with it. (door actuators, Tailight falling off due to cracked platic inserts), and a host of other problems. But I still Love my Tahoe and can think of nothing else I would want to drive but maybe a Suburban, but I really like the overall outside size of my Hoe but I hate that when I have all the kiddies, No room for luggage. Well I believe I have almost talked myself into a suburban. lol

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at picking up an NNBS Suburban/Yukon in the near future. Ideally looking for one with the 6sp w/ 4wd (so 2008 or later). I’d really like the 6.0L too, but I don’t think I’m going to get that lucky. This will be a ‘weekend’ car for us so we don’t have to take both sedans when we take the kids and the two 60lb dogs to visit the grandparents or go adventure in the woods.

While I’ve been looking I’ve noticed that some of these 4wd vehicles don’t have 4wd-Lo on the selector, but I haven’t been able to find a conclusive list on which years and trims are missing 4-Lo. Can anyone help me out with this? I’d really like to know what years to avoid.

Thanks!

Last edited:

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
^ I have the same question. Looking into buying an 07/08 with around 100-130k on it. Am I just getting myself into a headache, or are these going to be reliable once you reach that age and mileage?

Traded our 03 tahoe in our first 08 denali xl-1500 awd with 125k miles. Paid $17k out the door. worked out the alt charge/RVC issue and thats it. It is the most comfortable vehicle we have ever owned and that includes compairing it to our S500 back in the real estate days.

Dasanii19

Reaction score
Do the Tahoe LTZ issues coraspond with a 2007 Yukon XL 2500? Or are they completely different in that regard? I just bought a 2007 Yukon and was just curious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC