Thinking of Buying a 00-06 NBS Tahoe/Suburban? Look Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I see that it's been a while since anyone posted so hopefully someone is around lol. I'm looking at trading my 99 burb with 184 k for an 06 escalade with the awd and 174k. It seems to be in pretty good shape but due to bad credit(don't judge but not putting all my chips on the bowl)I'm buying it from a bad credit dealership. It's the best of all the vehicles I looked at today.

They are giving me a pretty good trade value for my burb so I'm strongly thinking about it. Is there anything specific to the 06 escalade that I should look for? When I drove it tonight the air ride seemed to function correctly, all the interior functions seemed to work correctly i.e. Heated seats and power functions of the seats, stereo sunroof rear wiper etc. not much wear on the seats but you can tell a family had it cause it's still dirty(worst detail job for a lot vehicle I've ever seen) they are asking 13500 but they said they will Lower the price. All the belts look good and there were no signs of leaks or an accident on the frame or underneath. Also no weird smells. Only thing we noticed was a shimmy in the front along with some noise either from the diff or wheel bearing and it doesn't have the nav disk.

I'm wanting to down size from my full size burb but still need to be able to tow,have room for 6-7 people. Plus it's a Cadillac and it's not rusted to crap lol. I feel having a vehicle with a full power train warranty is better than trying to do repairs to my burb. I have to pay someone to do the work because I'm not able to do much more than the required work like oil changes my self. Anyone think this is a good deal or should I keep my burb and just do the work. Burb needs the spider injection upgrade, tune up, new cats, need to figure out the random vibration in the front end and some small leaks at the t case and cooler lines. Already did Intake gaskets and trans service shocks fuel filter front shocks. Tires etc when I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know from experience with those kinds of places that what you REALLY need to look out for, besides the inflated sale price, is the interest rate. Watch out for their tactics where you think you've won in talking them down after hours of negotiating but then they make you wait and wait to sign the papers until you just want to get your new rig out of there and they slip some papers to sign that have an APR of 25%. Be careful, those guys are snakes.

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well everyone I ended up passing it up. They wouldn't go along with any of my request and decided not to budge on price. They wouldn't even put gas in it and got rude with all my request. I didn't think asking for new tires a tank of gas and checking the 2 issues was that big of a deal or conning down a few hundred bucks. I even said i would take it as is if they came down 1800 on price. So guess I'll keep my burb and prepare for the 1500 dollar fuel spider repair. Thanks for all the help and maybe at tax time I'll be able to get my escalade lol.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well everyone I ended up passing it up. They wouldn't go along with any of my request and decided not to budge on price. They wouldn't even put gas in it and got rude with all my request. I didn't think asking for new tires a tank of gas and checking the 2 issues was that big of a deal or conning down a few hundred bucks. I even said i would take it as is if they came down 1800 on price. So guess I'll keep my burb and prepare for the 1500 dollar fuel spider repair. Thanks for all the help and maybe at tax time I'll be able to get my escalade lol.

I'd look into opening an account at a credit union put a lil bit in as you can then when you need a loan they will most likely help you out I had ****** credit and went that route worked out for me

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what we're going to do. My burb is my baby hopefully she will hold off till taxes before in need to sink money in to her. Going to do a fuel system service on her next week and see if that helps

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well everyone I ended up passing it up.

I'd look into opening an account at a credit union put a lil bit in as you can then when you need a loan they will most likely help you out

I think based on how the deal ended, it is probably for the best. Sounds like it was getting pretty shady as it progressed.

I also agree with finding a credit union to join. Even if you just open a savings account, and deposit a few dollars a month they will work with you when it's time to work out a loan.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mo
I think based on how the deal ended, it is probably for the best. Sounds like it was getting pretty shady as it progressed.

Most of those bad credit dealers are SHADY DIRTY SNAKES !! i would NEVER walk into one !!!

When it comes to cars, I always buy cash or put it on my CC for amazon points lol

Dave

mdnitedrftr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know from experience with those kinds of places that what you REALLY need to look out for, besides the inflated sale price, is the interest rate. Watch out for their tactics where you think you've won in talking them down after hours of negotiating but then they make you wait and wait to sign the papers until you just want to get your new rig out of there and they slip some papers to sign that have an APR of 25%. Be careful, those guys are snakes.
You just described every used car dealership and salesman, ever.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Mo

Most of those bad credit dealers are SHADY DIRTY SNAKES !! i would NEVER walk into one !!!

When it comes to cars, I always buy cash or put it on my CC for amazon points lol

Dave

What?! Most dealers won't let you put much on a credit card. I tried to do the same for the points last time, max they'd allow was 2 grand. My dad tried to buy a $75k tractor with his to get Cabelas points lol. I would love to buy my next card like that, but i doubt anyone is willing to take the 2.5-3% off the top via credit card

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24