Thinking about buying 09 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying an 09 Tahoe LTZ black on black. 2 owners and looks to be maintained. It has 130k on the clock and the dealer is asking $15k for it.

I checked it out and it drove nice, no weird noises or clunks in the transmission. Has a little bit of surface rust underneath which is standard for its age being a Northeast vehicles. (I would plan on doing an undercoating)

The only things that stood out to me was:
- the dashboard was cracked (The dealer did a little fix by gluing it back together but will possibly still need to replaced.)
- rear passenger window rolls down but not back up. Works from driver side controls (dealer ordered a part to fix it)
- arm rest in rear captain's seat is saggy (found a fix online)
- one rear defrost tab not connected (dealer won't fix but found out it just needs to be soldered back)

Are these are deal breakers?

I've been reading up about AFM issues. Is it too late to do AFM delete n save myself from having the lifters fail?

I've never spent this much on vehicle with this many miles before so I'm cautioning for concern.

Is it a smart purchase or should I find a NBS Yukon Denali or NBS Sierra Denali with similar miles for less money?

TIA
ask for 300$ off the price and replace the glass '
soldering does not always work

come to california you can pick up a tahoe cheap now days with gas being so high a 2009 LTz would be pennies on the dollar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys